[SOLVED] Cannot access some sites
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalleRIM
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Cannot access some sites Reply with quote

Hi,

When I'm connected to the network I'm using right now, about a third of sites just won't load. There are some sites that don't load at all, some sites that only load sometimes and some that always work. Now, the strange thing is, that I can ping the servers and nmap also tells me their port 80 is open. Other devices on the network have no problem accessing those sites. If I use my computer in another network, it can also access all sites.
The DNS lookup is always successful but the browser tells me "Host not found", as if the site was down. It doesn't matter which browser I'm using or what user I am logged in with, whether I'm connected via WiFi or via cable. The problem remains. Only for this computer and only on this network.

edit: I have to correct myself. It also happens on other networks. But not on every network as it seems. I used my friends phone as a hotspot yesterday and suddenly everything loaded without a problem.

edit2: I thought I tried deactivating IPv6 yesterday. It seems I didn't. With IPv6 deactivated everything works.
thegeezer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Mtu Reply with quote

is your MTU somehow different to the other devices ?
jumbo frames or anything like that ?

<rereads corrected post>
odd re: IP6 borking your net
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: