Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[solved]emerge liborcus and libreoffice-bin failed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pd1986
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Posts: 290
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: [solved]emerge liborcus and libreoffice-bin failed Reply with quote

I tried to replace libreoffice by libreoffice-bin, but I got errors as followed

This is what I did:
When I update libreoffice, I am getting tired of compiling sources, so I decided to interrupt the compilation process and try to emerge libreoffice-bin instead libreoffice, but before that, I found the temp files so large in /var/tmp/portage, then I removed all in this folder including hided files. I also removed all the sources packages under /usr/portage/distfiles/ as I found too many packages of outdated software. Then I clean the packages installed by "emerge -c". But when I emerge libreoffice-bin I got the following errors:

Code:
In file included from global.cpp:28:0:
../../include/orcus/global.hpp:36:55: fatal error: boost/interprocess/smart_ptr/unique_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [liborcus_0.4_la-global.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from dom_tree.cpp:28:0:
../../include/orcus/dom_tree.hpp:36:29: fatal error: boost/utility.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [liborcus_0.4_la-dom_tree.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0/work/liborcus_0.3.0/src/liborcus'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0/work/liborcus_0.3.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0/work/liborcus_0.3.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 *
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0/work/liborcus_0.3.0'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/liborcus-0.3.0/work/liborcus_0.3.0'



what should I do now? Thanks


Last edited by pd1986 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pd1986
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Posts: 290
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus, the boost that I installed is 1.49, the utility.hpp is in /usr/include/boost-1.49 but not /usr/include/boost, it seems that I need to run a command to relocate it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OldTango
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: emerge liborcus and libreoffice-bin failed Reply with quote

pd1986 wrote:
I tried to replace libreoffice by libreoffice-bin, but I got errors as followed

This is what I did:
When I update libreoffice, I am getting tired of compiling sources, so I decided to interrupt the compilation process and try to emerge libreoffice-bin instead libreoffice, but before that, I found the temp files so large in /var/tmp/portage, then I removed all in this folder including hided files. I also removed all the sources packages under /usr/portage/distfiles/ as I found too many packages of outdated software. Then I clean the packages installed by "emerge -c". But when I emerge libreoffice-bin I got the following errors:

what should I do now? Thanks

I ran into this exact problem except that I already had libreoffice-bin-4.0.4.2 installed and working. After a recent sync and update, portage gave me a message that the version of libreoffice-bin I had installed was masked. After checking the ebuild and confirming it wasn't masked I was confused by the output of portage. I removed libreoffice-bin and than attempted to reinstall it. At which time I ran into several blockers which pointed to me having a later version of boost installed. It was after masking the later version and downgrading boost which also required me to rebuild dev-libs/icu and dev-libs/liborcus that I ran into the liborcus problem. I spent a little time trying to sort it out, but because libreoffice is an application I rely on everyday I ended up unmasking the later version of boost and updating it again, removing libreoffice-bin and installing the source build. That went without error.

The change log for libreoffice-bin says
Quote:
16 Sep 2013; Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@gentoo.org>
libreoffice-bin-4.0.4.2.ebuild:
Fix boost version, otherwise we get in trouble


I am not sure why this change would cause this problem on some systems but it has. Maybe a bug report needs to be opened on this. Libreoffice-bin is meant to be used on stable systems and I run a slightly mixed arch. Mostly packages necessary for the MATE desktop from the mate overlay. It may be a package I have in "/etc/portage/package.keywords" causing the issue but so far I haven't found any link to them yet.

If you can continue to use libreoffice from the source without issues I would recommend that for the time being, or try openoffice-bin as I don't believe it suffers from this problem.
I know building these packages from source can take quite some time depending on your system. Mine takes between 50 and 60 minutes to complete the build and after only having it installed a few days now portage has already forced a rebuild of libreoffice once on my system. Which is why I prefer to use the bin packages as well.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than this..................... :(
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OldTango
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pd1986
You may want to have a look at This Bug and this form topic as well. It may help you sort this out.

:)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pd1986
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Posts: 290
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldTango wrote:
pd1986
You may want to have a look at This Bug and this form topic as well. It may help you sort this out.

:)


Thanks, exactly the same problem.
but I resolved this problem by the following steps.

I unmerged libreoffice, poppler, boost and boost-build, as libreoffice-bin and libreoffice don't require the same ones. As an example, for 4.0.4.2, libreoffice requires boost-1.52 and boost-build-1.52 while libreoffice-bin requires boost-1.49 and boost-build-1.49.
then I rebuilt the library link and re-emerge libreoffice-bin-4.0.4.2 with the older poppler, boost and boost-build and it worked. higher version boost and should be masked too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OldTango
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pd1986 wrote:

Thanks, exactly the same problem.
but I resolved this problem by the following steps.

I unmerged libreoffice, poppler, boost and boost-build, as libreoffice-bin and libreoffice don't require the same ones. As an example, for 4.0.4.2, libreoffice requires boost-1.52 and boost-build-1.52 while libreoffice-bin requires boost-1.49 and boost-build-1.49.
then I rebuilt the library link and re-emerge libreoffice-bin-4.0.4.2 with the older poppler, boost and boost-build and it worked. higher version boost and should be masked too.


You may wish to mark this topic as solved................... :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pd1986
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Posts: 290
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldTango wrote:
pd1986 wrote:

Thanks, exactly the same problem.
but I resolved this problem by the following steps.

I unmerged libreoffice, poppler, boost and boost-build, as libreoffice-bin and libreoffice don't require the same ones. As an example, for 4.0.4.2, libreoffice requires boost-1.52 and boost-build-1.52 while libreoffice-bin requires boost-1.49 and boost-build-1.49.
then I rebuilt the library link and re-emerge libreoffice-bin-4.0.4.2 with the older poppler, boost and boost-build and it worked. higher version boost and should be masked too.


You may wish to mark this topic as solved................... :)


done.
Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum