driver ttusb2 not available
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hhn10
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: driver ttusb2 not available Reply with quote

Hi all

I am trying to get my Technotrend tt-connect 3650 ci to work with kernel 3.10.17. In the end I want to use tvheadend to record/stream tv. According to linuxtv.org the card is supported by the module ttsub2. But it is not available when I do make menuconfig. As far as I can tell I am presented with all the options from the directory drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2 whereas the ttusb2.c is found in the directory drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb.

What do I need to do to get the ttusb2 module available? What additional info is needed?
ttysteale
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Options won't show unless it's dependencies are met. Please set the following in your config if the bellow information is correct.

Code:
CONFIG_DVB_USB_TTUSB2:                                                                                                                    │
 │ XXX     Pinnacle 400e │                                                                                                                                           │
 │ XXX     WideView WT-20│ Say Y here to support the Pinnacle 400e DVB-S USB2.0 receiver and                                                                         │
 │ XXX     Opera1 DVB-S U│ the TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI DVB-C/T USB2.0 receiver. The                                                                                   │
 │ XXX     Afatech AF9005│ firmware protocol used by this module is similar to the one used by the                                                                   │
 │ XXX       Afatech AF90│ old ttusb-driver - that's why the module is called dvb-usb-ttusb2.

P.S Sorry for the bad format

Can you confirm that it is the CT-3650 version? If so I have gotten the option to show now - CONFIG_DVB_USB_TTUSB2

The following dependencies are required. If you need any help setting any of these, some were tricky to track down, let me know

Depends on: USB [=y] && MEDIA_SUPPORT [=y] && MEDIA_USB_SUPPORT [=n] && I2C [=y] && MEDIA_DIGITAL_TV_SUPPORT [=n] && DVB_USB [=n]

The the option will show as Pinnacle 400e DVB-S USB2.0 support which seems to be the correct driver
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhn10,

Welcome to Gentoo.

The kernel help says
Code:
Pinnacle 400e DVB-S USB2.0 support (DVB_USB_TTUSB2)

CONFIG_DVB_USB_TTUSB2:

Say Y here to support the Pinnacle 400e DVB-S USB2.0 receiver and
the TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI DVB-C/T USB2.0 receiver. The
firmware protocol used by this module is similar to the one used by the
old ttusb-driver - that's why the module is called dvb-usb-ttusb2.

Symbol: DVB_USB_TTUSB2 [=n]
Type : tristate
Prompt: Pinnacle 400e DVB-S USB2.0 support
-> Multimedia support (MEDIA_SUPPORT [=m])
-> Media USB Adapters (MEDIA_USB_SUPPORT [=y])
-> Support for various USB DVB devices (DVB_USB [=n])
Defined at drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/Kconfig:199
Depends on: USB [=y] && MEDIA_SUPPORT [=m] && MEDIA_USB_SUPPORT [=y] && I2C [=y] && MEDIA_DIGITAL_TV_SUPPORT [=y] && DVB_USB [=n]
Selects: DVB_TDA10086 [=n] && DVB_LNBP21 [=n] && DVB_TDA826X [=n] && DVB_TDA10023 [=n] && DVB_TDA10048 [=n] && MEDIA_TUNER_TDA827X [=n]

As ttysteale says, Depends on: must evaluate to true, or it will be hidden in menuconfig

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
hhn10
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the option DVB_USB was not set and required the remote control option to be set. After enabling that one the additional drivers were available.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: