View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saibot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Thunderbird problem: deleted RSS feeds reappear Reply with quote

I have mail-client/thunderbird-17.0.8 installed, and it works like a charm, except for one quibble:

When I delete an RSS feed, it gets moved to Trash, which is fine. However next time I start Thunderbird, the feed is back in its old place, while the other copy in Trash is still there, too! Similarly, if I even delete the feed from Trash before quitting Thunderbird and then restart, the feed simply reappears as if I hadn't deleted it at all.

Has anyone had this problem before? What's wrong here, is this a bug?

I have tried to look at the files in my user profile directory, but those don't seem to be intended for human reading, let alone editing.

Not sure what other information might be relevant. Maybe the USE flags that I have compiled it with:
Code:

[ebuild   R    ] mail-client/thunderbird-17.0.8  USE="alsa crypt dbus ipc jit ldap libnotify lightning minimal startup-notification wifi -bindist -custom-cflags -custom-optimization -debug -gconf -mozdom (-selinux) -system-sqlite" LINGUAS="-ar -ast -be -bg -bn_BD -br -ca -cs -da -de -el -en_GB -es_AR -es_ES -et -eu -fi -fr -fy_NL -ga_IE -gd -gl -he -hr -hu -hy_AM -id -is -it -ja -ko -lt -nb_NO -nl -nn_NO -pa_IN -pl -pt_BR -pt_PT -rm -ro -ru -si -sk -sl -sq -sr -sv_SE -ta_LK -tr -uk -vi -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB

Last edited by saibot on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
fturco
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try closing Thunderbird and check the profile directory. For example I have feeds messages in ~/.thunderbird/9uqddt4r.default/Mail/Feeds, your directory is different. If you have a folder you want to remove in the RSS feed called "Gentoo" then you should have a two files: one simply called "Gentoo" and the other "Gentoo.msf". You should try manually deleting both. I had the same problem some time ago and this fixed it.
saibot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that indeed solved the problem! I didn't know that every feed had its own files in the profile directory.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: