Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
The P45. The Smallest Car in the World!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: The P45. The Smallest Car in the World! Reply with quote

For those who missed it on the telly. A revolutionary new type of transport!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFdBcYN3sNw&list=TLCoItJkRrHfs
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a Transformers reject. ACROD Transformer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Looks like a Transformers reject. ACROD Transformer.


And it only takes 116 minutes to transform!
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
Looks like a Transformers reject. ACROD Transformer.


And it only takes 116 minutes to transform!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

British engineering at it's very best! :D
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
British engineering at it's very best! :D


Made in Britain
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
British engineering at it's very best! :D
Made in Britain
Lol "I'll just put this over here with the rest of the fire..."
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2025
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_C1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR175

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR200

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_Kabine
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
why?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_C1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR175

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR200

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_Kabine
They're massive compared to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfSS0ZXYdo
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, look Euroboys, I think you're on the wrong track. This is how you do it.

Notice they have a nice suspension, with big springs, and big tires with air. You can't just miniaturize everything, because the bumps in the road don't get miniaturized along with the vehicle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcXAQzu_F7U

Putting a cab on top is just silly, because you also can't miniaturize the person.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Okay, look Euroboys, I think you're on the wrong track. This is how you do it.

Notice they have a nice suspension, with big springs, and big tires with air. You can't just miniaturize everything, because the bumps in the road don't get miniaturized along with the vehicle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcXAQzu_F7U

Putting a cab on top is just silly, because you also can't miniaturize the person.
They're quad bikes. All in all you missed the point completely

(and yes I know he used a quad bike engine)
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the point you missed is that it's a ridiculous travesty of human factors engineering (as M. Clarkson has demonstrated) to try to make a teeny, tiny car. If you want effective small scale four-wheel transportation, here it is. It can go fast and over bumps, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
No, the point you missed is that it's a ridiculous travesty of human factors engineering (as M. Clarkson has demonstrated) to try to make a teeny, tiny car. If you want effective small scale four-wheel transportation, here it is. It can go fast and over bumps, too.
You do know what comedy and entertainment are, right?
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
No, the point you missed is that it's a ridiculous travesty of human factors engineering (as M. Clarkson has demonstrated) to try to make a teeny, tiny car. If you want effective small scale four-wheel transportation, here it is. It can go fast and over bumps, too.
You do know what comedy and entertainment are, right?

Yes, I do. As I said, Jeremy was making a point. You'd be better off with a Segway than that damned thing. But look at energyman76b's links. Not everybody who has tried this was joking. :lol:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
No, the point you missed is that it's a ridiculous travesty of human factors engineering (as M. Clarkson has demonstrated) to try to make a teeny, tiny car. If you want effective small scale four-wheel transportation, here it is. It can go fast and over bumps, too.
You do know what comedy and entertainment are, right?

Yes, I do. As I said, Jeremy was making a point. You'd be better off with a Segway than that damned thing. But look at energyman76b's links. Not everybody who has tried this was joking. :lol:
Yeah, it was a 60s thing. Even today's Mini is big. I would love to see more cars like that though. Far more!
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
No, the point you missed is that it's a ridiculous travesty of human factors engineering (as M. Clarkson has demonstrated) to try to make a teeny, tiny car. If you want effective small scale four-wheel transportation, here it is. It can go fast and over bumps, too.
You do know what comedy and entertainment are, right?

Yes, I do. As I said, Jeremy was making a point. You'd be better off with a Segway than that damned thing. But look at energyman76b's links. Not everybody who has tried this was joking. :lol:
Yeah, it was a 60s thing. Even today's Mini is big. I would love to see more cars like that though. Far more!

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Mini John Cooper Works. That's about as small as a car ought to be, though, in my opinon. The "Smart Car", for example, while a nice way to zip around town, has no business being outside city streets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
No, the point you missed is that it's a ridiculous travesty of human factors engineering (as M. Clarkson has demonstrated) to try to make a teeny, tiny car. If you want effective small scale four-wheel transportation, here it is. It can go fast and over bumps, too.
You do know what comedy and entertainment are, right?

Yes, I do. As I said, Jeremy was making a point. You'd be better off with a Segway than that damned thing. But look at energyman76b's links. Not everybody who has tried this was joking. :lol:
Yeah, it was a 60s thing. Even today's Mini is big. I would love to see more cars like that though. Far more!

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Mini John Cooper Works. That's about as small as a car ought to be, though, in my opinon. The "Smart Car", for example, while a nice way to zip around town, has no business being outside city streets.
The old Mini or new one?

The old ones were incredibly fast and nimble.
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new one. It's not the Cooper S, it's like a throwback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum