Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
The State of The Herb
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: The State of The Herb Reply with quote

181 vie for Mass. medical marijuana dispensary licenses

I thought MA was new to the list, so thought I'd see what the status was.

20 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC
Laws, Fees, and Possession Limits


Recent inductees:
2011: Deleware
2012: Connecticut, Massachusetts
2013: Illinois, New Hampshire

Looks like 26 states plus DC (not shown) to me for varying degrees of legal. Seems like the writing is on the wall, allowing even for the few that are likely to remain "dry" under Christian Law.

Now where's my hemp industry!?!?!
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: The State of The Herb Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Now where's my hemp industry!?!?!
All around you.
Quote:
A mixture of fibreglass, hemp fiber, kenaf, and flax has been used since 2002 to make composite panels for automobiles. Various car makers are beginning to use hemp in their cars, including Audi, BMW, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Honda, Iveco, Lotus, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Porsche, Saturn, Volkswagen.


And lots of other examples. The plants used, however, would not get anyone high, which is bad news for stoners.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much of the natural rope you see is made of hemp. That's been the preferred material for rope making for thousands of years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Much of the natural rope you see is made of hemp. That's been the preferred material for rope making for thousands of years.
I thought it was banana plant, not the same sort of hemp that the OP is talking about...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Much of the natural rope you see is made of hemp. That's been the preferred material for rope making for thousands of years.
I thought it was banana plant, not the same sort of hemp that the OP is talking about...

Not all hemp will get you high, including the kinds commonly used in rope (at least, I don't think they will, although the might smell like it if you burned some). There are a number of other natural fibers used in rope, depending on its origin. Hemp was popular because it handled being wet better than most.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The State of The Herb Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:


And lots of other examples. The plants used, however, would not get anyone high, which is bad news for stoners.


And if this non-stonifying hemp were grown for commercial use outdoors, it would utterly ruin the outdoor stonifying crops.

Say no to industrial hemp!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The government has no business forcing puritanical religious rules on the individuals. Legalize all drugs.
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
The government has no business forcing puritanical religious rules on the individuals. Legalize all drugs.
Yeah, then legalise everything else. Why not, most people are morally centred, what could go wrong in a society without laws?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The State of The Herb Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
All around you.
That's certainly a good start, but it should replace so many other things which rely on timber.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Muso wrote:
The government has no business forcing puritanical religious rules on the individuals. Legalize all drugs.
Yeah, then legalise everything else. Why not, most people are morally centred, what could go wrong in a society without laws?

After drug-induced psychosis becomes prevalent, the monthly rooting out of witches and goblins should help to keep things in order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful when shortening words because it looks like they are giving out mass licenses for marijuana
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there is a "contact author" option. Or maybe not.

The main giveaway is that it was capitalized and included a period, so it was clearly different than "mass". I doubt local stories will ever be written for international understanding.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had use "MA", he'd have thought, "Excellent! I have a Master of Arts degree; I shall move to the Colonies!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:

I'm just the messenger.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
If you had use "MA", he'd have thought, "Excellent! I have a Master of Arts degree; I shall move to the Colonies!"
No, I'd think there was something in the water...! 181 people with the same mother? 8O
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
If you had use "MA", he'd have thought, "Excellent! I have a Master of Arts degree; I shall move to the Colonies!"
No, I'd think there was something in the water...! 181 people with the same mother? 8O

Oh, come on, we all know you Brits call her "Mother", "Mum", "Mummy", "Mums", or best of all, "Mumsykins", Only Midwest Americans call their mother "Ma".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Only Midwest Americans call their mother "Ma".
That's not right, but anyway. More importantly, Mom is used exclusively in America, as well as Pop for a dad. I suspect it's because with a mouth full of chewing tobacco or gum it's hard to form the requisite grunts to approximate Mum or Dad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Only Midwest Americans call their mother "Ma".
That's not right,

Well, I guess you'd know better than I, given that you live in Australia, and I've only lived all over the United States for half a century.

sikpuppy wrote:
but anyway. More importantly, Mom is used exclusively in America, as well as Pop for a dad. I suspect it's because with a mouth full of chewing tobacco or gum it's hard to form the requisite grunts to approximate Mum or Dad.

:lol:
Unlike Australia, where it's the mouthful of your sister's tit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Only Midwest Americans call their mother "Ma".
That's not right,

Well, I guess you'd know better than I, given that you live in Australia, and I've only lived all over the United States for half a century.

sikpuppy wrote:
but anyway. More importantly, Mom is used exclusively in America, as well as Pop for a dad. I suspect it's because with a mouth full of chewing tobacco or gum it's hard to form the requisite grunts to approximate Mum or Dad.

:lol:
Unlike Australia, where it's the mouthful of your sister's tit.
The usage of Ma for "mother" is pretty widespread in England, particularly the North.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Only Midwest Americans call their mother "Ma".
That's not right,

Well, I guess you'd know better than I, given that you live in Australia, and I've only lived all over the United States for half a century.

sikpuppy wrote:
but anyway. More importantly, Mom is used exclusively in America, as well as Pop for a dad. I suspect it's because with a mouth full of chewing tobacco or gum it's hard to form the requisite grunts to approximate Mum or Dad.

:lol:
Unlike Australia, where it's the mouthful of your sister's tit.
The usage of Ma for "mother" is pretty widespread in England, particularly the North.


I know what the confusion is.
Australian term "World" includes England.
American does not.
:lol:
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:

I know what the confusion is.
Australian term "World" includes England.
American does not.
:lol:
Yeah, World Series Baseball is indicative of US parochialism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Only Midwest Americans call their mother "Ma".
That's not right,

Well, I guess you'd know better than I, given that you live in Australia, and I've only lived all over the United States for half a century.

sikpuppy wrote:
but anyway. More importantly, Mom is used exclusively in America, as well as Pop for a dad. I suspect it's because with a mouth full of chewing tobacco or gum it's hard to form the requisite grunts to approximate Mum or Dad.

:lol:
Unlike Australia, where it's the mouthful of your sister's tit.
The usage of Ma for "mother" is pretty widespread in England, particularly the North.


I know what the confusion is.
Australian term "World" includes England.
American does not.
:lol:
But it includes Mexico. Now they're not allowed to be racist towards blacks they have to ethnically undermine someone
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Only Midwest Americans call their mother "Ma".
That's not right,

Well, I guess you'd know better than I, given that you live in Australia, and I've only lived all over the United States for half a century.

sikpuppy wrote:
but anyway. More importantly, Mom is used exclusively in America, as well as Pop for a dad. I suspect it's because with a mouth full of chewing tobacco or gum it's hard to form the requisite grunts to approximate Mum or Dad.

:lol:
Unlike Australia, where it's the mouthful of your sister's tit.
The usage of Ma for "mother" is pretty widespread in England, particularly the North.

I choose to believe you, despite never having heard anyone from the UK ever say "ma" and being unable to find anything on the Internet to support this claim, and I apologize for my error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
The usage of Ma for "mother" is pretty widespread in England, particularly the North.

I choose to believe you, despite never having heard anyone from the UK ever say "ma" and being unable to find anything on the Internet to support this claim, and I apologize for my error.

Quote:
Ma, mam, and mammy are used in Netherlands, Ireland, the Northern areas of the United Kingdom, and Wales; it is also used in some areas of the United States.
So there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:

Okay. I take it all back. Had pjp referred to Massachusetts as "MA", cokehabit would not, in fact, have thought, "Excellent! I have a Master of Arts degree; I shall move to the Colonies!"




Or maybe he would have. After all, and as we all know, cokehabit uses the term "Mum", not "Ma".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum