View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: U.S. Federal Police State In Action Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-LIpAxjPt9U
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my headline! :P
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol USA, Leaders of the Free World
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make that Führer of the Free World.

:lol:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you guys gave Obama a Nobel Peace Prize, and said mean things at me when I called him ObaMao.
Ahenobarbi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: U.S. Federal Police State In Action Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know the able-bodied white guy behind the counter is an agent because no able bodied, middle aged white guy works the counter at the post office. it's all really old people who haven't retired, disabled vets, and minorities.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

Fox needs to make that a keystone cops-like series.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was starting to think "what is this crap" but it was well worth watching in the end! :D
And another girl to take my pain away...
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: U.S. Federal Police State In Action Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

Clusterfuck of alphabet soup incompetence!

There is no god but Bach, Beethoven is the messenger of Bach.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it's "The Agency". It's like NCIS on rohypnol.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could have thrown in about ten more agencies (that's just the unclassified ones), but they were going for realism.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to throw in some climate change into the mix:
http://climatechangepsychology.blogspot.se/2012/12/david-spratt-scientists-call-for-war-on.html

Quote:
Humankind’s greatest crisis coincides with the rise of an ideology that makes it impossible to address. By the late 1980s, when it became clear that manmade climate change endangered the living planet and its people, the world was in the grip of an extreme political doctrine, whose tenets forbid the kind of intervention required to arrest it.
Neoliberalism, also known as market fundamentalism or laissez-faire economics, purports to liberate the market from political interference. The state, it asserts, should do little but defend the realm, protect private property and remove barriers to business. In practice it looks nothing like this. What neoliberal theorists call shrinking the state looks more like shrinking democracy: reducing the means by which citizens can restrain the power of the elite. What they call “the market” looks more like the interests of corporations and the ultra-rich. Neoliberalism appears to be little more than a justification for plutocracy.

Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And why should citizens restrain the power of the elite?
Why would that be a good thing?
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Marley wrote:
And why should citizens restrain the power of the elite?
Why would that be a good thing?

Self-preservation, you are not elite.

http://guymcpherson.com/2013/06/obedience-at-home/
Quote:
When he was in the Oval Office, I thought Ronald Reagan was the worst president ever. But I still recall thinking, when Reagan was shot, that it could be worse: We could have his vice president, ex-director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) George Herbert Walker Bush, as president. A few days shy of eight years later, we did. Then along comes Slick Willy, who slyly managed to outflank his predecessor and the opposing party on several significant issues. In every case, Bill Clinton outflanked the opposition by moving further to the political right. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, George W. Bush was selected. Twice. And then, he was replaced by somebody even worse. In my voting lifetime, each neo-conservative U.S. president has been replaced by a worse version. And lest you believe otherwise, our two-party, one-ideology system of governance is working brilliantly. It’s not working for us, but that’s never been the plan.

Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So which are they, neo-liberals or neo-conservatives?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is only one effective answer to climate change: the immediate death of about half the global human population combined with forced rationing of all forms of consumption. A reasonable alternative somewhat less effective would be their immediate sterilization combined with every harsher rationing (forced deprivation).

Our current efforts (e.g., "carbon caps" and "renewable energy") are a day late and dollar short, and while they must be done, they're not going to save anything or anybody. It's like medieval doctors treating plague victims: minimally effective. So he's right -- only an immediate transition to and subjugation by global, totalitarian communism can save us.

To maximize the effect, the most rapidly growing global demographics should be exterminated first along with any entities unwilling to commit fully and wholeheartedly to The Plan. Broad strokes at this point: whole nations and peoples.

Then it would only make sense to eliminate the elderly (after all, they've already had a life) and anyone in prison or hospital, because they're useless and just a source of consumption and waste. Finally, extermination should be based on eugenics, culling the genetically weakest one-third or so of the herd. Altogether, that should reduce us by about half, and forcibly restricted reproduction would keep us there.

With modern technology and full commitment to the new Global Human State, this unpleasant task could be put behind us within a single decade. Once that's done, the ruthless nature of the state can give way to a more beneficent character in which all are well-treated and equal, and work productively in harmony with Hearth. One big happy, loving vegetarian family of brothers and sisters at peace with the world and our precious bodily fluids.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's better to keep up the Progress and consume about 50x what a human needs, not only without giving anything of value back, but actually fucking it up even more, since that is obviously progress and free market. All who get it are promised glorious future, all who don't get it shall be subjugated. And then the Christ will come and make all ayre.

Quote:
"Slowly but surely, it appears many are beginning to come around and fully confront reality (as so beautifully explained by DL). Pity it happens to most people over the age of 40.

Now, consider that most space monkeys here are products of an upper middle class environment, and were specifically trained to become productive cogs in the academic, professional and managerial classes.

Oh what a journey it is to discard decades of indoctrination, brainwashing, expectations of societal conformity and other manifestations of physical & emotional control.

Now, consider a situation where you were born into a family of ancient lineage whose forefathers centuries ago grokked the essential nature of human futility? Would they have not bothered to participate in any productive endeavor, but rather, would have immediately targeted key control points? And in so doing, amass vast fortunes in which to garner even more control.

If you were born into such a family, would you be exposed to such inane, ridiculous public concepts as nationalism, patriotism, civic duty, etc, etc? Or, would you be educated exclusively in an environment (routed through exclusive private schools and legacy universities) that focused on training in the “true” ways of the world & to prepare you for when it came time to assume your rightful duties?

Imagine someone who thinks like me @ the age of 22. Who could stop them, especially if a key strategic component was a media system that ensured each “sherson” was fully engaged in whatever inanity du jour was deemed effective?

That’s why they don’t care if a small minority of post 40-somethings finally wake up and figure it out. It’s too late. Chatter on cattle, but don’t upset the apple cart. So, I say, shadow trace them and profit. But, don’t take so much as to alert them – you know how the Mafia protects their turf."

Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Where's that from?
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird place I found on interwebz, here is another favourite:

Quote:
Why We Are Fucked

Living’s a fatal pursuit
For creatures, however astute;
Though we were the master
At getting there faster,
As a rule, species overshoot.

When agriculture arose,
Storing wealth was one of its pros;
But some gained more status
In the social lattice,
Buying what pleasure they chose.

From there we went on to construct
A deal which for most people sucked;
But clout calms the jitters
In neurotransmitters,
And that is the reason we’re fucked.

Benjamin the Donkey

https://www.facebook.com/SomewhereInNewMexicoBeforeTheEndOfTime
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clever, and a concise statement.

It's all relative, though. I'd rather be in my shoes than say, some poor bastard in Paris during the Black Death, a Ruthenian peasant seeing Attila's cavalry thundering into my valley, some Celtic priest watching Viking longboats coming out of the sea fog, or some British Tommy in the trenches at the Somme waiting for the "over the top" whistle to be blown.

I think "fucked" is a relative term, and it's good to keep that in mind. :)
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

It's all relative, though. I'd rather be in my shoes than say, some poor bastard in Paris during the Black Death, a Ruthenian peasant seeing Attila's cavalry thundering into my valley, some Celtic priest watching Viking longboats coming out of the sea fog, or some British Tommy in the trenches at the Somme waiting for the "over the top" whistle to be blown.

I think the better deal would have been (theoretically, assuming there wasn't that mental ilness called religion) to learn from people who figured out how to live sustainably within the environment, instead of exterminating them. But it's too late for that, let's blame it on cultural myopia.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

I think the better deal would have been (theoretically, assuming there wasn't that mental ilness called religion) to learn from people who figured out how to live sustainably within the environment, instead of exterminating them. But it's too late for that, let's blame it on cultural myopia.

Meditate on this for a bit: humans have been around for 4,000,000 years and modern man for 200,000. Man has been civilized for about 12,500 years. Exterminating half the global human population would only reduce to about where it was when I was born.

That, and nothing else, is the main reason "why we're fucked". :lol:
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Prenj wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

Meditate on this for a bit: humans have been around for 4,000,000 years and modern man for 200,000. Man has been civilized for about 12,500 years. Exterminating half the global human population would only reduce to about where it was when I was born.

That, and nothing else, is the main reason "why we're fucked". :lol:

Yes. This thing called progress and industrialism, or the whole fossil-fuel thing, it was like adding sugar to a dish containing some bacteria.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if everybody in US and Europe suddenly "get it" and quit their jobs, start farming, grow a beard and wear sandals, there is still this:
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/01/30/1513841/january-30-news-china-burning-nearly-as-much-coal-as-the-rest-of-the-world/

So we're fucked.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: