lock PulseAudio volume from changing?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milomouse
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: lock PulseAudio volume from changing? Reply with quote

As the title implies, I was wondering if there was a way to configure PulseAudio to lock the channel volumes from changing? Say, if the Master (Output Device) volume is set "Left: 0%, Right: 100%" and I open a web browser and direct it to something such as a website with voice chat (say, Gmail for example), the volume will set Master to "Left: 100%, Right: 100%" instead of keeping set values... I was hoping new clients under PulseAudio would adopt parent settings. Any idea on how to implement this or information in the right direction? I was hoping there was something I could load or remove in the "default.pa" file or change with `pacmd'.

The reason I ask is because I have a blown speaker on my laptop and when this situation occurs I will get a terrible static sound from the damaged speaker and have to manually reset the volume each time. It just because a pain to do for a new application that opens and resets Output Device volume settings, which is most web applications (gmail chat, Flash videos, etc). I do not have Flash installed anymore but it did it with that too when I tested.

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong thread.. new to the boards.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: