Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
WebTV: Cubavisión Internacional
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 1484
Location: Switzerland (Romandie)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Dominique_71 wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
You can access it over phone lines, if you're a member of the privileged class who have a phone.

Sure, and I guess you too. You even have the internet.

And I can insure you that a phone call in Cuba is one of the cheapest in the world. The price is the same for both mobile and table net, and between the 2 nets, around a few centavos for a call, even a long one.

Wrong. It costs even more than almost anywhere else. It's just that the actual costs are taken out of the hides of the people without them even having a choice, even the ones who aren't allowed phones. It's for the good of the whole. It's called "egalitarianism".


When I am in Cuba, I take my phone with me and use it with a Cuban sims card. So I know the cost of a phone call in Cuba, for the inside (the whole country), it is one of the cheapest in the world. What is expensive for a Cuban is to buy the phone, like in any other poor country.

BoneKracker wrote:

Dominique_71 wrote:
A phone call to other countries is one of the most expensive because of the US blockade, Cuba must use satellite, which cost a lot of money.

Because of the US blockade, their only decent connection to internet was by satellite, which cost a lot of money. At that time, only administrations and ordinary peoples that must have internet for their work was having internet.

Oh, you're not able to leech off us? How unjust! You're located right where we are. Build your own fucking undersea cables like we did. Why should we pay for your communications? The Internet is not some free service from the magic Internet fairy. It was built with U.S. tax dollars and the investments of evil U.S. capitalists. So by what right do you whine like a baby who can't quite reach the tit that we're "depriving" you? Why should we support your American-hating asses? So you can spread lies about us more effectively? If Communism is so great, why do you need to leech off us? How can you even bear to talk about this? The hypocrisy must be obvious even to you.


To build a cable, they must pay some company to do that, and because of the extraterritorial measures of the US blockade, it was not possible. I gave you plenty of links with examples of the impacts of the blockade on the Cuban economy. So, if capitalism is so great as you say, why just don't lift the blockade and use the charm of capitalism? And don't tell me this is bacause of human rights violations, because according the Amnesty International, it is more such violations into the US than in Cuba (I gave you the link). So, instead of making war propaganda against an independent country, take steps against the human right violations into your own country.

And according to the UN which repeat it year after year, the US embargo-blockade just arm the economy of Cuba and its people for a political result of zero. Many officials US reports do the same conclusion. So, stop your own hypocrisy and take steps against the violations in your own country!

And stop to tell the rest of the world what it must do. A country that use drones and DU ammunitions to kill innocent peoples around the world just have no moral authority at all! What you call moral authority is just about making a worldwide dictatorship, the rest of the world is not dupe, even if a lot of corrupt politicians are collaborating with you like Petain was collaborating with Hitler.

You recognize your politicians are corrupts, but the only actions you will take is to trust them. :lol:

BoneKracker wrote:

Dominique_71 wrote:
The US said this was because Cuba is a dictatorship, when in fact the Cuban State was not willing to subvention internet by satellite for its citizens like it already subvention the phone calls for the internal traffic.

Of course not: the ruling class doesn't want the ignorant proletariat slaves to know how badly off they are as the result of Cuba's communism and how well off most of the rest of the world is. They'd rise up and overthrow them. It's the same reason the USSR had its "Iron Curtain" until it started to collapse and become capitalist. It's the same reason China was a closed society until it decided it had better become capitalist to feed its people and raise its standard of living or they would revolt.

You know nothing about the current political system in Cuba. It is not, and never was, a dictatorship like in Russian or USSR. For that, you have to look at the period between Christophe Columbus and Batista. For what the whole world know, they all was capitalist, and unlike you, the Cuban people vividly remembers this long period of its history under which slavery was imported and developed at an industrial scale, and lifted only when wage become cheaper.

The Cubans all remember very well that under Batista, the US-Jewish mafia sponsored Cuban republic was a dictatorship where most peoples was living not in poverty, but in the most severe misery, without access to school, medical care, electricity or even drink water, and with a miserable wage 3 months a year during harvesting sugar cane. At that time only Havana was developed by mafia owned casinos and hotels where the best business was drug and sex trafficking, as well than blackmail of politicians and extortion of business mens traveling from the US to Cuba:

The mafia and Cuba
La Mafia juive et italienne à Cuba

For the US, Cuba was a free country at that time. All the Cubans remember that, this is why they want to remain fully independent from the US.

BoneKracker wrote:

Dominique_71 wrote:
Now, Cuba have a cable between Venezuela and the Island, and they just begin to develop the infrastructure.

Yes, you have plans to lay a cable to Venezuela. It remains to be seen whether you and Venezuela can pull it off. I suppose if the project has sponsorship by the Chinese or somebody it might happen.

It is done, it is in function. And like in other poor countries, this is Chinese company that make the network on the Island. This is why telecommunication companies in the US want to lift the blockade. :lol:

BoneKracker wrote:

Meanwhile, the general public of Cuba don't even know that an alternative exists.

Come on! They all have family in the US or in Europe :lol:

And if TV Marti, the CIA and extreme-right Cuban mafia sponsored TV channel is blurred, the other US channels are not blurred, and many Cubans can watch them with a simple TV antenna. Some even have satellite antennas. And you know what, they said they have good music but their informations are just bullshit. :lol:

BoneKracker wrote:

Dominique_71 wrote:
Also, it is a big difference between Lenin's Russian, Slatine's USSR, and Castro's Cuba. Lenin's Russia was the first Jewish controlled State (between 80 to 100 % of all the power positions in the administration, the State, the party, the army, the police and the secret police was in hands of Jewish peoples) - that is before the Jewish controlled Palestine, but at the same time the first kibbutzim. Staline's USSR was also Jewish controlled. In Cuba, one of the first achievement of the revolution was to get ride of the Jewish mafia. They returned them to the sender :lol:

This incredible exaggeration was in your history book at school, I suppose. Did it mention that they ate babies, too? I hope your history books didn't actually call him "Slatine". :lol:


I know it was used by Hitler war propaganda, but unlike most other thinks on the Jews at that time, even coming from people like Churchill, this was based on facts. Just read by yourself, you have all the names and statistics here, written by a Jew: http://israelmachiah.over-blog.com/article-11238246.html
_________________
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading that text: please consider ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've haven't seen such a blatant display of useful idiocy in years.
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 1484
Location: Switzerland (Romandie)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
I've haven't seen such a blatant display of useful idiocy in years.


What an argument! :lol:
_________________
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading that text: please consider ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making an observation, not an argument.

ob·ser·va·tion

noun
1. the action or process of observing something or someone carefully or in order to gain information.
"she was brought into the hospital for observation"
synonyms: monitoring, watching, scrutiny, examination, inspection, survey, surveillance, consideration, study, review More
the ability to notice things, esp. significant details.
"his powers of observation"
the taking of the altitude of the sun or another celestial body for navigational purposes.

2. a remark, statement, or comment based on something one has seen, heard, or noticed.
"he made a telling observation about Hugh"
synonyms: remark, comment, statement, utterance, pronouncement, declaration
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 234
Location: The Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange thing about the Cuban Embargo. Varied US Administrations over half a century continue the policy. I know why the embargo on Cuba is still in place.

Oswald was under orders from Fidel.
_________________
I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
I've haven't seen such a blatant display of useful idiocy in years.

He's not a "useful idiot"; he's a Cuban. It's obvious. If he's in Switzerland, he's probably a propaganda typist at the Cuban Embassy or something.

This is kind of interesting, though. It's like getting to interview a North Korean to see what kind of weird Juche shit they believe. Although, the repetitiveness is starting to get a little boring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Strange thing about the Cuban Embargo. Varied US Administrations over half a century continue the policy. I know why the embargo on Cuba is still in place.

Oswald was under orders from Fidel.

Yeah, that must be it.

And they're so mad about that they resist all the corporate pressure and bribery trying to open up trade with Cuba.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 1484
Location: Switzerland (Romandie)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem in Cuba is bureaucracy. Raul Castro is very critical against it, but he is just the elected President and cannot be behind every journalist and official. Here is a very good article: Cuba: Creating a New Media Model on the Go.

It is written by Cubans living in Cuba which are very critical. We can see they want to change the Cuban system, but by no way want to cast it. It is a lot of very critical articles on that website.

In the US, Obama call for more NSA transparency, but at the same time say these programs will remain secrets. In other words he say "We want a free press as long the State is able to control what they can say or not say."...
_________________
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading that text: please consider ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum