Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Installation on Megaraid SAS 9271-8i possible?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dippmopser
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Installation on Megaraid SAS 9271-8i possible? Reply with quote

Hello,

during the past week I installed gentoo (with the help of some forum members) on an quite old PC, just to get a feel of the installation, but also reaching the limitations imposed by the hardware really quick.

I am planning to install on System that uses an LSI MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i (see here http://www.lsi.com/products/storagecomponents/Pages/MegaRAIDSAS9271-8i.aspx).

On said page one can find drivers for "Linux Red", I figure, that this is Red Head Enterprise (correct me if I am mistaken).

However, when installing Windows it asks me to insert a disk containing the drivers for said controller, be recognizing it.

How is this handled in Linux, does the Kernel "know" those devices so that I do not have to worry or are there drivers needed during the installation process.

If so, how do I load them?
Dippmopser
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the initial post is some days old now, I am answering to it, maybe this information is of use to others:

I tried the installation which went very smoothly.

So installing gentoo on harddrives [SSDs in my case] on said RAID-Controller yielded no problems.

Regards
Dippmopser
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: