Something is automounting my removable medias
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Turing
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Something is automounting my removable medias Reply with quote

I am using the KDE software compilation and usually I am using the "device notifier" to mount and unmount my removable media.

Since some update a few weeks ago, devices get automatically mounted by something else.
Whenever I plug in some removable media it becomes mounted
Code:
/dev/sdd on /media/42C1-13FF type vfat (rw,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000,shortname=mixed,dmask=0077,utf8=1,showexec,flush,uhelper=udisks)

and the following window pops up twice.
http://heizmann.name/bilder/non-website/20130810-GnomeAutomount.png

I do not want that the devices are mounted automatically (they do not appear in my /etc/fstab) and I do not want that this window appears.
My suspicion is that something from Gnome is responsible for this automounting, but I have not found the reason so far.
Do you have any idea?
miket
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it's true that udisks can accept hints about whether to try to automount something, I think you would be better off checking out a much simpler place. Did it happen to you in your upgrade that KDE changed its automounter settings?

Go to the KDE system settings then Removable Devices. The update may have "helpfully" enabled automounting; under the Removable Devices section you can disable it.

I'm sure hoping this solves your problem; if not, it'll be harder to track down.

By the way Dr. Turing, I resisted saying something snarky like "decipher the problem for yourself". As it stands, I'm in the midst of my own deciphering here--figuring out the secret handshake between the KDE device notifier, udisks, and polkit. I'm sure hoping your problem is easier!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: