hostapd only allows single device to connect when using wpa
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChromeQ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: hostapd only allows single device to connect when using wpa Reply with quote

I am trying to set up hostapd to create a wifi hotspot which uses dnsmasq to provide IP addresses and then iptables to masquerade requests through a VPN tunnel. Individually all the elements work fine, VPN connects, IP addresses are allocated, DNS using OpenDNS and packets are masqueraded as expected, hostapd starts and I can connect and everything is working perfectly. Until I connect a second device.

Only a single device can connect to hostapd at a time. Any single station can connect (Windows 7 laptop, iPhone, Android Nexus, Android HTC) but when two or more hosts are connected at the same time the first client loses its connectivity.

However there are no connectivity issues when WPA is not used. If I use open security all devices work simultaneously.

I have tried so many things, disabling Network manager, for simplicity I have removed the VPN from the equation and same problem, installed and used dhcp3-server over dnsmasq, built my own version of hostapd, removed wpa_supplicant, tried so, so, so many different hostapd.conf files and settings, updated all libs including "libnl-1.0 pre8" and still only one device can connect at a time.

Is there anyone having the same problem? There doesn't seem to be much help out there as it seems it should just work.

I will post conf files if required later on today (writing this at work). I am by no means an expert in anything network related so please let me know any commands or tools that could help determine this problem. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: