View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Cheating Republican Scumbags Reply with quote

After Ruling, States Rush to Enact Voting Laws

Quote:
State officials across the South are aggressively moving ahead with new laws requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls after the decision by some republican dickheads in the Supreme Court striking down a portion of the Voting Rights Act.

The Republican dickheads who control state legislatures throughout the region say such laws are needed to prevent voter fraud. But such fraud is extremely rare, and Democrats are concerned that the proposed changes will make it harder for many poor voters and members of minorities — who tend to vote Democratic — to cast their ballots in states that once discriminated against black voters with poll taxes and literacy tests.

Within hours, Texas dickheads said that they would begin enforcing a strict photo identification requirement for voters, which had been blocked by a federal court on the ground that it would disproportionately affect black and Hispanic voters. In Mississippi and Alabama, which had passed their own voter identification laws but had not received federal approval for them, state officials said that they were moving to begin enforcing the laws.

full story...
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it like hereditary or are you getting paid?
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got something to say about the topic or are you just going to stand there with your dick in your hand?
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And these measures are bad...how?
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same people that drive the vans to bring the voters to the polls can take them to the DMV where the DMV is required to give the prospective voters voter registration with that photo id. They just can now only take them to one polling place, until they get them more than one photo id.

I'd happily show my worn out passport that's got multiple sets of additional pages from going outside of the country to earn money and pay taxes back here.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A victory for the 10th amendment and crime dog cries. Typical.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
You got something to say about the topic or are you just going to stand there with your dick in your hand?

Better a dick in a hand than one in the ass. imo.
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping Republicans win in 2016, 2020 and 2024.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:

Because they are deliberately designed to discriminate against black, democratic voters.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:

Because they are deliberately designed to discriminate against black, democratic voters.

Maybe they are designed to make sure voters have an ID
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GabrielYYZ wrote:

because you love racism, hate, war, removal of liberties and injustice? Or do you just hate women and rationality?

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Prenj

If they were innocently trying to improve voting procedures that would be fine but hundreds of these discriminatory initiatives from Jim Crow states have been stopped by the voting rights act and many more will now be put into effect.

Not so innocent after all.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
@Prenj

If they were innocently trying to improve voting procedures that would be fine but hundreds of these discriminatory initiatives from Jim Crow states have been stopped by the voting rights act and many more will now be put into effect.

So you mean the democratic process is innocent as it is? You have guys so far removed from anything they don't even have an ID (and are probably illiterate) and you expect them to be able to watch hopey-changey praise the jesus Obama ad, and have some rational thought and critical view of whats going on? Innocence? What are you talking about, it's just hillarious.
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
GabrielYYZ wrote:

because you love racism, hate, war, removal of liberties and injustice? Or do you just hate women and rationality?

None of the above, actually. You should understand it better than anybody else, it's called "Schadenfreude".
eeyrjmr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Republican'ts trying to find new ways to win an election.
They can't do it by honest means so they weight the dice in their favour. Any means to minimise the legal electral pool.

I wouldn't be as bold as to say it is targeting an ethnic class, just the poor who benefit most from a more humanist approach to politics that the Democrats provide
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyrjmr wrote:
Typical Republican'ts trying to find new ways to win an election.
They can't do it by honest means so they weight the dice in their favour. Any means to minimise the legal electral pool.

I wouldn't be as bold as to say it is targeting an ethnic class, just the poor who benefit most from a more humanist approach to politics that the Democrats provide

I would call you a hypocrite if I thought you had any brains, but ...
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
You have guys so far removed from anything they don't even have an ID (and are probably illiterate) and you expect them to be able to watch hopey-changey praise the jesus Obama ad, and have some rational thought and critical view of whats going on?

At least you're upfront about it: "scum shouldn't be allowed to vote democrat". Fascist, but honest.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyrjmr wrote:

I think you're probably right. Race and power still can't be completely disentangled but this seems to be driven more by party political advantage.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Prenj wrote:
You have guys so far removed from anything they don't even have an ID (and are probably illiterate) and you expect them to be able to watch hopey-changey praise the jesus Obama ad, and have some rational thought and critical view of whats going on?

At least you're upfront about it: "scum shouldn't be allowed to vote democrat". Fascist, but honest.

You are prime example of whats wrong with the process. When people complain about bad roll of the dice being born in balkans and having to go through the war, I take you as an example that the grass is not always greener on the other side. I mean fuck, imagine being born as mcgruff. Scary shit.
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
mcgruff wrote:
@Prenj

So you mean the democratic process is innocent as it is? You have guys so far removed from anything they don't even have an ID (and are probably illiterate) and you expect them to be able to watch hopey-changey praise the jesus Obama ad, and have some rational thought and critical view of whats going on? Innocence? What are you talking about, it's just hillarious.

They could run for Governor of Alaska, though.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GabrielYYZ wrote:
Prenj wrote:
mcgruff wrote:
@Prenj

If you think I am taking D vs R stance in here, you got your head up in your colon so high, you can actually watch the digestion going on. What I am attacking here, and having a ball with, is the sheer amount of infantilism and hypocricy it takes to, in the light of everything current administration has been doing, try and take it to some bush-league "oh noes they don't like blacks and hispanics" argument.

And yes, in my opinion, there should be a psychological profiling before allowing to vote. Otherwise it's just monkeys, hipsters and other riff-raff getting mesmerized by "leaders" giving empty promises. I mean how many elections do you need to get the message?
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:

If you had half a working brain, you might actually be able to understand what this is about: Hispanics.
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
GabrielYYZ wrote:
Prenj wrote:
mcgruff wrote:
@Prenj

If you think I am taking D vs R stance in here, you got your head up in your colon so high, you can actually watch the digestion going on. What I am attacking here, and having a ball with, is the sheer amount of infantilism and hypocricy it takes to, in the light of everything current administration has been doing, try and take it to some bush-league "oh noes they don't like blacks and hispanics" argument.

And yes, in my opinion, there should be a psychological profiling before allowing to vote. Otherwise it's just monkeys, hipsters and other riff-raff getting mesmerized by "leaders" giving empty promises. I mean how many elections do you need to get the message?

Would you have states with a history of discrimination in charge of profiling, though? Fuck R vs D, i don't care which poison Americans think is better. The thing is, the same group that now has a problem with some voters were perfectly fine with them when they voted for their candidate.

IMHO, the problem with the electorate, in any country, isn't their literacy or their critical thinking skills, it's their memory and their ideology.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if our resident forum hipsters had half a brain, they could try and fight for what is actually missing, quality public education where snot-nosed priviledged teenagers can enter, and exit a citizen with some basic concepts of politics, history, philosophy, or at least knowledge of political philosophy of ancient greece and rome, for starters.

Or just watch the damn free courses online, like from, I dunno, Yale and Harvard? But no, lets watch Justin Beiber and pretend we know shit about politics and humanism.

One might think they are the worst members of Operation Mockingbird ever, and have so low rating among their peers they have to spam obscure linux forums ^^
http://disinfo.com/2013/01/cia-media-infiltration-operation-mockingbird/
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GabrielYYZ wrote:
IMHO, the problem with the electorate, in any country, isn't their literacy or their critical thinking skills, it's their memory and their ideology.

It is classical education that gives perspective and resillience to ideology, but I don't think its happening in that many schools nowadays. Still, the information is out there, one just has to have inclination to find it.
As for democratic process, the way it was envisioned was that it required some basic amount of awereness to be able to call yourself an adult and participate in the progress, but that ideal is gone from the modern societies, and the result is that 99% of people in developed countries are treated as trained tax-cattle, and they don't even know it (for the most part).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: