Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Cheating Republican Scumbags
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 372
Location: Svedala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheating Republican Scumbags Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
After Ruling, States Rush to Enact Voting Laws

Quote:
State officials across the South are aggressively moving ahead with new laws requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls after the decision by some republican dickheads in the Supreme Court striking down a portion of the Voting Rights Act.

The Republican dickheads who control state legislatures throughout the region say such laws are needed to prevent voter fraud. But such fraud is extremely rare, and Democrats are concerned that the proposed changes will make it harder for many poor voters and members of minorities — who tend to vote Democratic — to cast their ballots in states that once discriminated against black voters with poll taxes and literacy tests.

Within hours, Texas dickheads said that they would begin enforcing a strict photo identification requirement for voters, which had been blocked by a federal court on the ground that it would disproportionately affect black and Hispanic voters. In Mississippi and Alabama, which had passed their own voter identification laws but had not received federal approval for them, state officials said that they were moving to begin enforcing the laws.

full story...


Feels like a domestic problem. In most cases it looks like where the problems exists, the rulers are abundant and have no clue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
And these measures are bad...how?
Personally I'm not fond of a mandate requiring you to have your "papers." Especially with the ever increasing police state we have.


mcgruff wrote:
Because they are deliberately designed to discriminate against black, democratic voters.
Not just black voters, but Democrat black voters. Are they like vampires who are unable to have their picture captured?
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
You are prime example of whats wrong with the process. When people complain about bad roll of the dice being born in balkans and having to go through the war, I take you as an example that the grass is not always greener on the other side.


I think it's safe to say no-one was expecting a balkans war angle on the US voting rights act.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
If you had half a working brain, you might actually be able to understand what this is about: Hispanics.


Never heard of them. Did you just make that up?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Prenj wrote:
You are prime example of whats wrong with the process. When people complain about bad roll of the dice being born in balkans and having to go through the war, I take you as an example that the grass is not always greener on the other side.


I think it's safe to say no-one was expecting a balkans war angle on the US voting rights act.

Thanks. :lol:
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”


Last edited by Prenj on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Not just black voters, but Democrat black voters. Are they like vampires who are unable to have their picture captured?


If it's just a simple matter of having a photo taken why did attempts to change the law keep falling foul of the VRA?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Requiring people to show proof of identity doesn't discriminate against anybody except those who are ineligible to vote (convicted felons, illegal immigrants, those attempting to vote more than once, etc.).

The reason attempts to establish such controls always produce arm-flailing and populist pandering from Democrats is because they have been relying for decades upon these illegal tactics to boost them in the polls, and quite simply, they want to be able to continue doing so.

I don't see how anybody can argue that requiring ID is discriminatory. If people don't have ID, get them ID; that's a lot easier than what you're doing now (illegally registering tens of thousands of voters, paying people to vote and bringing them to the polls on buses, mounting major propaganda campaigns alleging "voter suppression" to distract from your own tactics of voter fraud, etc.).

Get them motherfucking ID. It's easy and it's cheap. They excuse that it's too hard or that you don't have time can't be used over and over again every four years forever. Then, when you've done it, shut the fuck up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is the scale of voter fraud? Don't forget to provide sources. I know you have lots of evidence for your claims and aren't just talking out your ass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irrelevant. Just get them ID and shut the fuck up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Evidence is irrelevant!" That's the tag-line for OTW right there. Never mind that the voter fraud used to justify these measures doesn't exist, it's enough just to say it does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
"Evidence is irrelevant!" That's the tag-line for OTW right there. Never mind that the voter fraud used to justify these measures doesn't exist, it's enough just to say it does.

What part of "every adult citizen of US can have an ID card" is hard to grasp? Can I go to US and vote?
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 151

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wot lik this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
"Evidence is irrelevant!" That's the tag-line for OTW right there. Never mind that the voter fraud used to justify these measures doesn't exist, it's enough just to say it does.

No, you're creating a strawman. The amount of voter fraud going on is irrelevant. Voters should be required to prove their identity, plain and simple. What other official, legal actions can people take without proving their identity? None.

A hundred years ago when few people carried or needed ID, or even fifty years ago, the view that such a requirement was suppressive had at least some legitimacy. Today, it has none.

If the Democratic Party actually thinks this keeps some people from voting, then get those people ID. Everybody needs ID anyway. You can't work, apply for or collect government benefits, go to school, drive, borrow money, procure services, conduct electronic business, etc., etc., without it. It's bullshit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stated aim of the new laws is to combat fraud but, in fact, voter fraud is very rare. While the voting rights act was in effect, time and time again attempts to change the law were rejected by the courts on the grounds of discrimination against minorities.

Why do you hate freedom and democracy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what arguments others have used. Voter fraud shouldn't even be possible through obvious and easily avoidable means.

Furthermore, because we don't have this simple requirement, we have no idea how much actual voter fraud is occurring. We only know how much is being caught by some other means.

Some is occurring, and it can be easily avoided. The possible exclusion that might result can also be easily avoided, and would probably be beneficial to these people currently lacking ID anyway.

There is no rational reason not to do it.

The only logical explanation for why Democrats would be so emphatic in their opposition to this is that they know they are in fact currently getting away with shitloads of undetectable voter fraud.

We use ID for everything else of any importance (including welfare, food stamps, etc.), but nobody is whining about people from being "excluded" from any of that. Claiming that voting is somehow magically different is a bunch of horse shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked you to provide evidence about the scale of fraud. If you can't, you should shut up.

You are also ignoring the fact that the laws which you are championing have been rejected many times by the courts because they discriminate against minorities and low-income groups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what you asked. It's irrelevant. Voter fraud shouldn't even be possible through obvious and easily avoidable means. We use ID for everything else of any importance (including welfare, food stamps, etc.), but nobody is whining about people from being "excluded" from any of that. Claiming that voting is somehow magically different is bullshit.

It's bullshit, plain and simple. Get them ID, and put a cork in it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 13
Location: Dominican Republic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, voter fraud is very rare but, as BoneKracker said, it shouldn't even be possible, like this: http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/02/las-vegas-woman-arrested-after-trying-to-vote-twice/.
_________________
Vim just saved me 15 minutes on my car insurance... Yeah, it really is that awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@KrazyKracker

I'm shocked. I really am. It's not like you to keep repeating the same bullshit in post after post without providing any evidence.

The issue is not (non-existent) voter fraud. The issue is that the voter rights act has been successfully used time and time again to protect sections of the electorate from weaselly little shits in the republican party perpetually seeking clever ways to reduce the number of "scum" allowed to vote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff, just stop. The only reason why the dummycraps are going ape shit over this is that they know their fraud is being further minimized.
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
pjp wrote:
Not just black voters, but Democrat black voters. Are they like vampires who are unable to have their picture captured?


If it's just a simple matter of having a photo taken why did attempts to change the law keep falling foul of the VRA?
Likely because the VRA is a pile of doodoo.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Muso

Perhaps you have some evidence to share to show the scale of the alleged fraud?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1217
Location: Jefferson, USA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was near the top of the Google results:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/story/2012-03-19/voter-ID-Texas-fraud/53658158/1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 convictions. Goodness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum