View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the solution to this is meateaters need to apply darwin's observations militantly

Veggies will only eat veg, meateaters will eat meat an veg.

SOOO meateaters need to vastly increase their uptake of veg, this will drive the price of veg through the roof. Meanwhile the price of meat will collapse. ONCE vegitarians are priced out of survival the meateaters can then gorge on cheap meat in a victory BBQ
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
Question: if you try to have lunch with a group.
Who is going to create trouble finding a spot?
The veggie
or
The meat eater
?

Just because of his CHOICE everybody else has to bend over - and you have a problem with meat eaters who have suffered through this countless times because they make fun of veggies?

Wow, Germany must be awfully behind the times. You'd be hard pressed to find an eatery in America that don't offer vegetarian choices. I also take it you are one of the folks that I'm referring to since you immediately got your panties in a twist over my comment? :lol: Seriously how many times have you actually found yourself in the situation you just described in the last ten years?

I personally don't give a shit what people eat as long as they don't force it on others.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratmonkey wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
Question: if you try to have lunch with a group.
Who is going to create trouble finding a spot?
The veggie
or
The meat eater
?

Just because of his CHOICE everybody else has to bend over - and you have a problem with meat eaters who have suffered through this countless times because they make fun of veggies?

Wow, Germany must be awfully behind the times. You'd be hard pressed to find an eatery in America that don't offer vegetarian choices. I also take it you are one of the folks that I'm referring to since you immediately got your panties in a twist over my comment? :lol: Seriously how many times have you actually found yourself in the situation you just described in the last ten years?

I personally don't give a shit what people eat as long as they don't force it on others.

oh no, there is veggie choice almost everywhere. But it is seldomly good enough. And if you are really lucky the veggie or even worse, the vegan will complain that the veggie food is fried in the same deep frier and other shenanigans.

And to answer your question, as long as their were veggies around me: several times a month. Now that I am outside of veggie infested groups (stopping regular cannabis intake helped a lot in that regard) everytime a veggie is nearby. Last time, two month ago. And it was a horror trip.

But let me ask you a question.

If you are in a group, where it is forbidden to use your left hand to touch food. Will you adapt? If you are in a 'noble braves' village in say Papua and you are offered food - knowing that the food was prepared inches from a dogs ass, will you decline and insult the people?

So what makes it ok for veggies to force their CHOICE onto others?

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Carr wrote:
When I’m cooking, I always make sure there are vegetarian options. They can make do or they can fuck off

I've always liked that joke...
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
So what makes it ok for veggies to force their CHOICE onto others?

It doesn't.

If they force it on others, then they deserve to be made fun of, ridiculed and treated like shit. I'm all for that and personally have very little tolerance for that shit (hence my dislike of militant vegans). This however wasn't the situation I first proposed, but I forgive you. English being your second language, I understand that you don't comprehend it very well.

Here, let me help you. Read the quote below and pay special attention to the part I've bolded, underlined, and italicized so you don't miss it again.

ratmonkey wrote:
Someone admits that they follow a vegetarian or vegan diet without being annoying or overbearing (i.e. it's just their personal choice, or was a result of the cultural upbringing), and then some douche-hole immediately has to pull out all the cliches and start attacking the veggie with an annoying, overbearing, vengeance.

See what you're talking about is veggies being annoying or overbearing. This is very different from what I'm talking about.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegetarians and vegans fart so much it's antisocial.
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any language barrier here. He went off the rails when I mentioned being a chaplain in the context of another thread. I think that if he is in power Christians and vegans will be first with their backs against the wall.

Juniper wrote:
I fail to see the relevance.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Vegetarians and vegans fart so much it's antisocial.

That's because the trendy ones in the West don't understand the necessity of asafoetida powder in vegetarian cooking.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they just like to smell their own farts, and like other people to smell them too.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
I think they just like to smell their own farts, and like other people to smell them too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a strong possibility too.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't you ever visited a restaurant's Fart Patio?
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

Perfect! Never saw that episode. so thank you for the clip.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

Man you just gave me so much ammo, I'm gonna turn my hipster friends in SF into marines.
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogamol wrote:
Elephant.

Hopefully the link works it is Wikipedia but it is well referenced.

Thank you for the response. Yes, you do seem to have produced a good answer to my question. I gladly concede that Elephants just might be the exception to the rule I was talking about. Somehow, even though they do pretty much have to spend all day eating, they seem (at least to me) to show signs of what I would call "higher thinking."

I am honestly interested if you have any other species you might cite that are purely vegetarian and exhibit signs of higher thinking.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporkbox wrote:
. . . They don't know (or care?) that the plant had to die to support their life just as the animal would if they ate the animal. They're hypocrites and don't realize it. . . .

Life feeds on life. Anyone who says otherwise is either too stoned or too stupid to bother talking/listening to.

If you want to pretend you aren't killing things, fine. Just don't talk to me about it please.

Every living thing is alive because something (really, more realistically countless somethings) died to allow it a turn to live.

This is the way things are. Accept it, and then talk to me -- or ignore it and please for the love of nature ignore me too.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonezTheGoon wrote:
This is the way things are. Accept it, and then talk to me -- or ignore it and please for the love of nature ignore me too.

Or ... eat a rock.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

The way I reconcile that is by reminding myself how many of our ancestors have been the victims of predatory animals, that my fucking cat would probably eat me if he could, and that ultimately all of us are eaten by animals anyway (those of us not cremated anyway).

do you really take your moral cues from animals?

In some ways, yes. Unlike what you imagine the Flying Spaghetti Monster to be telling you, we are in fact animals. More to the point, however, I do not always act perfectly in line with my moral principles. If I did, I probably wouldn't eat mammals.

The idea that you are doing less harm by being vegetetarian is rather specious, though. I think you are smart enough to realize that. Bambi and friends had a good thing going until you plowed under their forest to make a soybean field. The best way you can minimize the harm you're doing would be to have no children, and you already fucked that one up.

as I said, most of the problems with meat eating are the awful meat industry and reduction will achieve most of the benefits. eating tons of cheap shitty meat that has to be shipped cross continent 5 times is a waste.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

the truth does hurt. and smell.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: