[fixed] pulseaudio setup not working after switch to eudev
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drasica
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: [fixed] pulseaudio setup not working after switch to eudev Reply with quote

EDIT: solved the problem, but the "solution" is really anti-climactic. I rebooted and it just worked. The only thing that changed versions was pavucontrol and chrome, no idea why those would need rebooting or logging out to work

I made the switch from udev to eudev, and in the process ended up with an updated pulseaudio (probably from the myriad of packages updated during 'emerge @preserved-rebuild').

I have pulse so that I can collect audio that would normally go to ALSA and send it to JACK, as I run all my audio through a firewire sound interface. This setup worked well, and chrome (for example) would have a segment in the pavucontrol playback panel where I could select the output to send it to (alsa, some dummy, or my jack sink). Pulseaudio sinks and sources would also show up in my qjackctl connections panel.

However, after updating, chrome no longer shows up in pavucontrol anywhere. I still see the pulseaudio sources and sinks in jack, so pulse is connected to jack, but my applications aren't connecting to pulse.

These are the errors I get when I start pulse. Not sure which of these might be worrisome, as Pulse doesn't actually exit; it runs and shows up in Jack's connection panel.
Code:

W: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Stale PID file, overwriting.
W: [pulseaudio] sink.c: Default and alternate sample rates are the same.
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not permitted)<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error<
W: [pulseaudio] source.c: Default and alternate sample rates are the same.
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: JACK error >Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not permitted)<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: JACK error >JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error<
E: [pulseaudio] module-jackdbus-detect.c: Failed to parse channels= argument.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jackdbus-detect" (argument: ""): initialization failed.
W: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to open cookie file '/home/cjoseph/.config/pulse/cookie': No such file or directory
W: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to load authorization key '/home/cjoseph/.config/pulse/cookie': No such file or directory
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 1

Since I had a working setup before, I am in the audio group, which has realtime privileges in /etc/security/limits.conf
Code:
@audio       -    rtprio       99

When I open pandora or whatnot, Chrome gets the little audio icon, so it is sending audio somewhere....but I'm not sure why chrome no longer shows up in pavucontrol. Permissions? If so, which ones?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may just needed to restart the services in your current runlevel. but a reboot of a box is also a solution
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: