zathura sudden death
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pking
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: zathura sudden death Reply with quote

A few days ago I updated zathura to version 0.2.3, and, when it began complaining about zathura-pdf-poppler, I replaced that with zathura-pdf-mupdf (and added the associated files media-libs/openjpeg and app-text/mupdf after unmasking all). Well, zathura is completely shot -- no matter whether I try to open a pdf, djvu, or ps file -- for each of which I have a module installed -- zathura never gets past the message "Loading..." and a look at the log messages tells me it can't render the pages. I ran revdep-rebuild, with no joy, and I tried downgrading to zathura-0.2.2, but the problem persists. The only report I can find that is sort of like this is on Arch and Fedora, where there was a particular version of Ghostscript that wasn't playing nicely with mupdf (and with a partial fix to set the LANG to something that recognizes the separator as "." but I already have that). Yet then I should still be able to see djvu files, I would think, if that were the problem. I have done the obvious things: emerge -avuNDt world, revdep-rebuild, checking logfiles, and so on. Nothing helps. Things render fine if I run mupdf as a standalone application; it's clearly something wrong with the zathura framework. I'm surprised no one else has reported the problem -- my environments aren't all that special. Oh yes, the problem shows up under kernels 3.9.6 and 3.8.13, under goomwwm, which I doubt makes a difference, but you never know. Anyone have any ideas?
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: zathura sudden death Reply with quote

pking wrote:
A few days ago I updated zathura to version 0.2.3, and, when it began complaining about zathura-pdf-poppler, I replaced that with zathura-pdf-mupdf (and added the associated files media-libs/openjpeg and app-text/mupdf after unmasking all). Well, zathura is completely shot -- no matter whether I try to open a pdf, djvu, or ps file -- for each of which I have a module installed -- zathura never gets past the message "Loading..." and a look at the log messages tells me it can't render the pages. I ran revdep-rebuild, with no joy, and I tried downgrading to zathura-0.2.2, but the problem persists. The only report I can find that is sort of like this is on Arch and Fedora, where there was a particular version of Ghostscript that wasn't playing nicely with mupdf (and with a partial fix to set the LANG to something that recognizes the separator as "." but I already have that). Yet then I should still be able to see djvu files, I would think, if that were the problem. I have done the obvious things: emerge -avuNDt world, revdep-rebuild, checking logfiles, and so on. Nothing helps. Things render fine if I run mupdf as a standalone application; it's clearly something wrong with the zathura framework. I'm surprised no one else has reported the problem -- my environments aren't all that special. Oh yes, the problem shows up under kernels 3.9.6 and 3.8.13, under goomwwm, which I doubt makes a difference, but you never know. Anyone have any ideas?

huh? ever heard of newlines? have some mercy dude...
pking
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, solved the problem. It turns out that zathura-pdf-mupdf needed to have the "cairo" use flag set.

It compiled just fine without it, but the lack of the cairo flag meant that it couldn't render anything.

I suppose this is some sort of bug; if zathura-pdf-mupdf needs "cairo" then it should say so. Anyhow,
enabling the use-flag seems to have solved the problem.
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pking wrote:
Okay, solved the problem. It turns out that zathura-pdf-mupdf needed to have the "cairo" use flag set.

It compiled just fine without it, but the lack of the cairo flag meant that it couldn't render anything.

I suppose this is some sort of bug; if zathura-pdf-mupdf needs "cairo" then it should say so. Anyhow,
enabling the use-flag seems to have solved the problem.

ok so please open a bug on this and mark as solved.

Thanks.
pking
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem taken care of in zathura-pdf-mupdf-0.2.4, in portage today; no more "cairo" use-flag.

-- RESOLVED --
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pking wrote:
Problem taken care of in zathura-pdf-mupdf-0.2.4, in portage today; no more "cairo" use-flag.

-- RESOLVED --

add [solved] to the topic please
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: