Firefox, gconf, and dbus
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renormalon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Firefox, gconf, and dbus Reply with quote

When I start firefox, I get a popup box that says
Quote:
An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for firefox. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly.

There's a "Details" button that, when clicked, shows the following text
Quote:
Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-SfpSLB5Ong: Connection refused)

After displaying the popup box, firefox starts up normally. Also, the error only occurs in my account. On my wife's account, firefox starts up with no errors.

There's no dbus-SfpSLB5Ong file in /tmp, but that address does seem to be in my environment variables.
Code:
localhost tmp # env | grep DBUS
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-SfpSLB5Ong,guid=af8767e6787d5f5dd87a0f3e4a18a8f2

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin
ebbeyes
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try
Code:
export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=""
xju
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: firefox connection to session /tmp/dbus-x connection refused Reply with quote

A search on "firefox failed to get connection to session /tmp/dbus connection refused" got me here, and I was seeing this error message exactly, but probably from a different starting point.

I was running firefox on the command line, as just "firefox".

I needed to use "dbus-launch firefox" instead.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: