Anydesk - Unable to change Security Settings
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
an7h
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Anydesk - Unable to change Security Settings Reply with quote

For whatever reason security settings like "Enable unattended access" cannot be enabled. I can set the password, click OK, and nothing... It just doesn't save anything security related, it seems. I have a clean Gentoo install, and I'm running the i3 window manager. I'm guessing there's something missing, but then I checked the same thing on my laptop that has XFCE4, and the same problem occurs here as well. I tried running Anydesk as root, but that didn't help either. Can someone please explain what's wrong? I'm not sure what kind of info I can give for analysis, but everything other than security settings can be changed. This kind of problem doesn't occur on other distributions. I really need this enabled so that people can access the desktop when I'm not around.

:?:
an7h
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the version didn't help. I assume this is some sort of library problem, maybe something is not compatible with each other... Dunno... Either way I found a solution. For those who need Anydesk, you can install a flatpak that will be stored separetely from @world in /var/. Just add this custom overlay https://github.com/fosero/flatpak-overlay with layman, and install sys-apps/flatpak . Once you've got it installed, download this https://www.flathub.org/apps/details/com.anydesk.Anydesk , then in a terminal type flatpak install com.anydesk.Anydesk.flatpakref . The flatpak version runs without issues. 8O
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: