LaTeX/Emacs problem RESOLVED (sort of)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred Krogh
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: LaTeX/Emacs problem RESOLVED (sort of) Reply with quote

A long time ago when I ran latex from inside emacs, if there were errors it would point me to the place with the error (maybe after <cntrl c `>?). For the last few years, when there was an error, I had to type <cntrl c `> that gave me a line number, I then had to kill that window to get back to my latex buffer, go to that line and fix the problem. Now another step backwards. After <cntrl c `> all I get now is " Error occured after last TeX file closed". The only choice at this point seems to be running latex in a separate terminal window. A post to an emacs newsgroup maybe 6 months ago got no response. l'd be interested if anyone else is having these sorts of problems, suggestions for tracking down the problem, or if you have it working perhaps your .emacs.el file? Many thanks,
Fred

Last edited by Fred Krogh on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fred Krogh
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have discovered that if I comment out
Quote:
\usepackage{hyperref}
all works as it should. Evidently there is some sort of interaction between emacs, auctex, and hyperref that leads to the problem.
jazzgossen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got stumped on this problem too (using Kubuntu 13.04) but found the solution in this thread: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-auctex/2010-05/msg00018.html

On my Kubuntu installation, the file to edit was /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf and not /etc/texmf/texmf.d/95NonPath.cnf
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: