Gparted in XFCE emerge failure
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RexAtHighSpeed
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Gparted in XFCE emerge failure Reply with quote

I've tried searching google and these forums to learn whats going on here but I came up empty.

I am running XFCE on a virtualbox dev installation I'm using to learn Gentoo. I just finished a world update and a few packages gave me problems but nothing too difficult. I want to install gparted but the emerge wants to install an old version of gtkmm

Code:
gentoo64 fred # emerge -av gparted

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  NS    ] dev-cpp/gtkmm-2.24.2:2.4 [3.6.0:3.0] USE="-doc -examples {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] sys-block/gparted-0.16.1  USE="gtk policykit -btrfs -dmraid -f2fs -fat -hfs -jfs -kde -mdadm -ntfs -reiser4 -reiserfs -xfs" 0 kB

Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 in new slot), Size of downloads: 0 kB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

I have gtkmm-3.6.0 installed but it wants to use gtkmm-2.24.2. What's going on? Why does it want an older version? I have no messages about a slot conflict. Please explain what I'm missing here. ~Thanks
Christian99
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no problem at all. Gparted seems to need the older version of gtkmm explicitly.
Gtkmm has different slots, this means that versions of gtkmm-2* and gtkmm-3* can be installed parallel on one system.
So you can just go ahead and emerge it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: