View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iandoug
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Getting rid of "Play" function on Firefox tabs Reply with quote

Hi

The latest (?) 91.04esr now has some unwanted and unneeded "Play" function on the tabs. For example, if I open a few Youtube tabs in the background, each has the YouTube favicon which starts the video playing without even switching to the tab, if you click on it.

[Why anyone thought that a good idea, I don't know. Mozilla appears to have a death wish. </rant>]

Is it possible to get rid of this? I got rid of it in previous version by disabling the "mute" function on tab in about:config, but Google won't show me how to fix this and there are so many options sans help in about:config ....

When you have a lot of tabs open, the favicon and X take up all the space, and you need to aim carefully to avoid hitting either when switching to the tab.

Thanks, Ian
alamahant
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isnt a play buton.It is a mute/unmute button
If you want to prevemt youtube videos from autostarting do that from within youtube settings.
Autoplay button.
iandoug
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alamahant wrote:
It isnt a play buton.It is a mute/unmute button
If you want to prevemt youtube videos from autostarting do that from within youtube settings.
Autoplay button.

Nope. it is definitely a play button, I just rechecked. (second click is mute)

I have Disabled every auto-play "feature" that I can find, maybe there is now a conflict that if autoplay was enabled it only mute.

But at the moment, it starts the video. Clicking it again mutes it, all without bringing the tag to the foreground.

I have checked in Youtube settings and can't find anything that looks relevant.

Firefox browser.tabs.showAudioPlayingIcon. is set to false.

Thanks, Ian
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: