Using sysklogd but without certain entries in it from PA
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Using sysklogd but without certain entries in it from PA Reply with quote

Hey,

I am regularly testing out new configurations for my audio sound server/client setup. I would like to know if there is a way to continue getting the regular use out of my chosen system logger, which is sysklog daemon, however to turn off any and all messages about pulseaudio (because of the fact it is sort of hitting hard with a lot of messages in my various logs)...I don't recall whether or not this logging tool has in it a way to filter via application specific stuff, or keyword or what. But I don't want to have to switch system loggers to do this. Any suggestions that might get the job done, I've looked at the man pages for sysklogd and they are only helpful to the more common questions. But I also didn't see anything about logging for application specific stuff, or about excluding items from the logging.

Thanks

2nd Attempt:

Does anyone know of the correct system logger to have for the ease of control over what gets logged. I've used several in the past, but no happy medium thus far between capabilities and ease of setting up.

Much appreciated
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: