Tux's lil' helper
Joined: 06 Mar 2013
|Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:11 am Post subject: Help making a universe creation game?
First, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this or if the idea sounds foolish and dumb to you. Secondly, I do not know anything about the coding involved in creating this. A few weeks ago, the idea came to me: "Wouldn't it be fun if you could make a universe creation game?" Firstly, I would like to point out that many of the similar "games" i.e http://universesandbox.com/ is more focused around working with the existing universe -- it seems to me to be more of a simulator than a sandbox game to me. Regardless, I am getting off track. After thinking on the topic for a few days, here are some of the things that I would like to include:
- Hydrogen as the game's "currency"
- Perhaps you earn more hydrogen by getting achievements, like creating stars, nebulae, planets, etc.
- You can either start out with a COMPLETELY blank slate, or you can create a "big bang"
- You control the placement of elements to a whim.
- When creating objects (nebulae, stars, planets, etc.) you can change their chemical compositions to achieve differing outcomes.
- This game could either be two or 3D
- If it were 3D, perhaps the player could have the ability to fly down close to the surface of planets and examine their creations.
- When creating planets, you would not go into a menu and drag a planet into the map, you would have to mix certain elements to create it.
The main reason I posted this was to see if anyone would be interested in helping me create the code and designs behind this project. If you are, you can message me on here, or email me at: email@example.com.
Hope to hear from someone,