View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm actually surprised... why pick such a low level target? a viewing stand at a marathon? my money is on a crazy person.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see, tea bagging means something different overhere...
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first reaction was "Al Qaeda!" but I took that back after I noticed the scale. Attacks from them usually kill a lot more, do they not? However, only half of the known bombs were detonated. Cell service was cut after the blast preventing further blasts.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
i'm actually surprised... why pick such a low level target? a viewing stand at a marathon? my money is on a crazy person.

I don't think crazy people generally orchestrate four different bombs. This was thought-out.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
pjp wrote:
Early on, it was not obviously related to RoP.

It was to me. Multiple explosions targeting random civilians. That's RoP 101.

Coexist

Not saying that you are wrong, but thinking that if you were a fish, someone would have a dinner ;-)
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
Terrorism doesn't have to have a huge immediate impact. Due to this incident, how much money will we burn? How much liberty will be taken?
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a sad day. My condolences to the survivors, their families and the families of the dead.

It is an evil heart or deranged person that kills and maims.

Symbolism.
World's oldest annual marathon - 2013 was the 117th event
Second biggest single-day sporting event in the US behind the Super Bowl, in terms of media coverage

To have gone to the Boston Marathon to be killed or maimed.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
see, tea bagging means something different overhere...

Balls in their court maybe. I can imagine some of those uptight fuckers enjoying the feel of testicles on their god bothering domes.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my [RoP] tag was accurate.

Shock, fucking, horror.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
So my [RoP] tag was accurate.

Shock, fucking, horror.
citation? so far nothing is actually certain except your preconceptions WHICH might be correct are not provable
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Like when Gabby Giffords was shot, the Lame Stream press immediately started speculating if it was a Tea Party member or a *gasp* Rush Limbaugh listener.

Hence waiting for evidence is a good idea, no?
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:

Makes some sense. You want to spread terror? Hitting mundane targets might do a good job. People are already on edge when they get on planes, why not keep them scared when they are in their city?
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:
Like when Gabby Giffords was shot, the Lame Stream press immediately started speculating if it was a Tea Party member or a *gasp* Rush Limbaugh listener.

Which they based upon a total lie. American libertarian conservatives are not the frothing at the mouth lunatics that do that shit. Gifford's assailant was a lefty. Obama's guru, Bill Ayers, is a lefty.

And I'm still laughing that my original tag of [RoP] is proving accurate.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

Which they based upon a total lie. American libertarian conservatives are not the frothing at the mouth lunatics that do that shit. Gifford's assailant was a lefty. Obama's guru, Bill Ayers, is a lefty.

yeah. hilarious :roll:
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

yes terrorist attacks and deaths of innocences is always a laughing point. All that is known is it is race related
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

Your denial of the reality of the problem is what's laughable. "Diversity" and "Political Correctness" lead to blindness and death... and even when confronted with the slaughter of innocents, you still ignore the problem.

Hint : Islam is a totally fuct ideology.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

Among other fuct ideologies, consumerism for example. Communism. Fascism. Zionism. Nationalism. Racism. Capitalism. In fact, every ideology. That is exactly the problem. People have this belief that by inventing a new way of interpreting the universe, they can somehow overcome it's mechanism. Like making GMO food, or using antibiotics for everything.

Antibiotic-resistent bacteria would disagree.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

Your denial of the reality of the problem is what's laughable. "Diversity" and "Political Correctness" lead to blindness and death... and even when confronted with the slaughter of innocents, you still ignore the problem.

And still you are insisting that you are correct without proof (note while in active investigation they are not going to let alot of info out)
You are speculating that [RoP] is accurate but you have nothing to back that statement. It probably is but you cannot push personal opinion as fact. The Generic argument and composition/division argument is flawed, however much experience you can pull on to justify it, it isn't fact-base or provable.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
And still you are insisting that you are correct.
You are speculating that [RoP] is accurate but you have nothing to back that statement. It probably is but you cannot push personal opinion as fact. The Generic argument and composition/division argument is flawed, however much experience you can pull on to justify it, it isn't fact-base or provable.

Burning witches is like Skyrim.
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

maybe because in this business the "real weapon" is the media that spreads the information. So nearly every target fits, and moreover the marathon is focused by a lot of people...
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
Quote:

maybe because in this business the "real weapon" is the media that spreads the information. So nearly every target fits, and moreover the marathon is focused by a lot of people...
not only that but planning for a low-level target would be alot simpler. One man could do it

One man working alone is all but impossible to catch since there is no communications trail for intelligence services or investigators to work with or be alerted to
Look at the unabomber
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

Don't tell me.

Write a letter to a MSNBC producer. :wink:

It just keeps getting better
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

The current reality is that they don't know. So what am I denying precisely? oh, right. your unfounded conclusions.

I never knew that it was political correctness to wait for evidence before accusing people. Even if you a right, it isn't good to jump to conclusions. This happened with the Norway incident as well.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

Don't tell me.

Write a letter to a MSNBC producer. :wink:

don't forget Muso.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All ideas about who did this are speculation at this point. Nevertheless, it's not unreasonable to speculate, provided it's couched as that and you don't do something stupid like violate people's rights based on it.

The last attempt at something like this in the U.S. was a home-grown Islamic terrorist. However, the last (somewhat) successful attempt at something like this was a home-grown terrorist with an extremist social conservative ideology. Most of his targets corresponded to that ideology (abortionists, gays, etc.). My money is still on homegrown Jihadist terrorists. (I further speculate, wildly, that it was a small number of either Northeast region college students (perhaps Boston), or jobless derka-derka techno-yuppies from the same area.)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: