Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runningwithscissors
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
women and children
Always irks me. Children I can understand, but women are adults and no more deserving of such patronization than men.

And no, I don't mean it in the "wimminz are equal" way, but that omitting men from the "women and children" appeal to emotion makes men's lives look cheaper.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
...I also want to show that you are indeed like a nazi...

I am nothing like a Nazi. You are rapidly becoming "like" a broken record however.
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit for punctuation, clarity and also to include a link I think you might enjoy.

LoTeK wrote:

yes of course are mink a "renewable resource", I'm sure Hitler said once "we have so many jews for our working camps and they reproduce themselfs, very good resources".

Godwin Level: PETA

Also, Hitler was trying to exterminate the Jews, not make them into a sustainable resource material for human skin lampshades.

LoTeK wrote:
Wearing a leather coat is extremly different than wearing a fur coat, because when you wear a leather coat the leather comes from a cow that was killed for food anyway, but when you wear a fur coat, then many mink were killed just for the coat.

So eat the minks!!

LoTeK wrote:
the polyester thing is maybe "half-true", because we have the technology to produce those substances in a non polluting way, the question would be why we do not use them, or at least only partially. Moreover I think you know that there are not only polyester and mink clothes, but cotton clothes etc. I mean, regardless of the position somebody have related to animals, nobody would be stupid enough to argue that fur coates are in any possible way better than anything else!

The source material is petroleum. We are at the point where fracking is an economically viable way to get petroleum. We don't have the technology to produce those substances in a non-polluting way because the ways we have cost too much and are therefore not useful technology. Raising minks, on the other hand, actually increases the quality of the environment because in order to do so you need to support the whole ecology up to the level of mink. You need good fields with plenty of rodent food, and insect pollinators and health vegetation and clean water and ... and ... and ...

A company in Spain has been experimenting with sustainable fisheries with the same design philosophy as my mink farm.

Cotton: You wear a cotton coat on a cold wet day and see if you haven't frozen yourself to death with your completely soaked clothing. Ever wear blue jeans in the snow? Ever notice that the bottoms of them are completely soaked through and don't hold in any heat? That's why cotton doesn't make a good coat. It isn't water proof, in fact it is the opposite of water proof, it actually draws water in through capillary action, like a paper towel, and holds it there.

Animal products make far superior cold weather clothing. A fur coat is superior to a leather coat because the fur traps in lots more air, insulating you better. Down filled coats are super warm. Beaver makes a great hat, as does rabbit and coyote. I've read that the gear that a viking would have worn on a longboat (made entirely out of seal) competes well with the modern scuba diver's drysuit. Wool, you can argue has the best of both worlds because you don't kill the animal in order to get great cold weather material, but I gather that you are arguing from the position of a vegan, who would be appalled even by this.

Last edited by o'bogamol on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Mardok45
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningwithscissors wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
women and children
Always irks me. Children I can understand, but women are adults and no more deserving of such patronization than men.

And no, I don't mean it in the "wimminz are equal" way, but that omitting men from the "women and children" appeal to emotion makes men's lives look cheaper.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the whole "women and children first" thing came around during the cold war, and just stuck with society since then.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
hopefully in 2142:
life that has vaule = white, black, jewish and minks

By then you'll be living as the underclass of the New Islamic Caliphate, and will be at war with the Union of Democratic People's Republics of Asia, whom you ethnocentrically managed to not even mention.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
women and children

Okay, strike "women and children" and replace with "defenseless pussies and children".
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Call me crazy, but I feel pity for the kid. I'm glad he is still alive.

Society seems to place such a small value on life, and we are too eager to seek an eye for an eye revenge.
I feel sorry for the parents.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Okay, strike "women and children" and replace with "defenseless pussies and children".
Yeah? They shutdown a whole fucking city, while looking for a wounded 19 year old. And that too in a country where the police is indistinguishable from a very well armed army. :roll:
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Old School wrote:
Call me crazy, but I feel pity for the kid. I'm glad he is still alive.

Society seems to place such a small value on life, and we are too eager to seek an eye for an eye revenge.
I feel sorry for the parents.

I feel sorry for future Muslim urban geocachers using backpacks.
Oerpi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Yeah? They shutdown a whole fucking city, while looking for a wounded 19 year old. And that too in a country where the police is indistinguishable from a very well armed army. :roll:

And it wasn't even until the curfew was lifted and a citizen not the police found him, so that worked well and sure was cheap and totally didn't harm the economy that's doing so well.
But wait, all of Boston? No a tiny portion of it, called nearly all of Dunkin' Donuts, remained open so as not to inconvenience the police. Way to go.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardok45 wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
women and children

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the whole "women and children first" thing came around during the cold war, and just stuck with society since then.

no, it is a very old concept. The weak and helpless first. Because the stronger men can fight for themselves. Also:
you don't need many cocks to impregnate lots of women.
but a women can only be impregnated every 10 month.

You see why the life of a woman has a lot of worth for a society? And where 'women and children' comes from?

There is something else to consider: there are way to many cocks for that scarce ressource vagina. If some penis carriers die to save some vagina support units, there will be less competition. Good for me.

I identify as a dirty penismensch.
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point of order... according to residents of that area, the lock down was voluntary. They just seemingly all agreed.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Point of order... according to residents of that area, the lock down was voluntary. They just seemingly all agreed.

Well...when you tell people that a wounded Islamic extremist is on the loose in their neighbourhood those people tend to stay home. I wonder what I would do in their place? Perhaps I would hang bacon strips from the door lintels to ward off anyone sticking to a halal diet.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardok45 wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
women and children

This is a joke, right? :?

Christmas Lights Are Like Jeffrey Epstein, They Don't Hang Themselves.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Mardok45 wrote:

I hope so. It stretches back at least to when the Titanic sunk.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Old School wrote:
Mardok45 wrote:

I hope so. It stretches back at least to when the Titanic sunk.

Yeah, I might have been harsh, since it is extended family history. A couple of my cousins' grandmother (my mom's sister's mom in law) was a Titanic survivor.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oerpi wrote:
notageek wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

And it wasn't even until the curfew was lifted and a citizen not the police found him, so that worked well and sure was cheap and totally didn't harm the economy that's doing so well.
It was voluntary. If there was no "lock down," imagine everyone coming home from work and NOT KNOWING if they guy was hiding in their house. Yeah, that's much better.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is common sense to stay in and stay low, as trigger happy as the police are.

George Orwell
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so the lock-down was protection from the police? Makes sense.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Okay, so the lock-down was protection from the police? Makes sense.

Did you see any video of all the cops running around those neighborhoods? We got less fire power in Afghanistan.

George Orwell
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wisdom of Happy Gilmore
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
The wisdom of Happy Gilmore
Might be regional as well. In the 80s, the RI state police had a pretty subtle drunk driving commercial. It remains one of my favorite. A single patrol car comes over the hill (with a voice over, I forget the words at this point). After a moment or two, a pair of cars come out from behind the one car, flanking it and forming a V. I think this happens one or two more times. At the end, "In RI, drunk drivers get caught." I think they (as a region) tend to take things personally (more so than others).
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Gunshots not explosions.
FYI, flash grenades have been confirmed. So, yes, explosions.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oerpi wrote:
notageek wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

But wait, all of Boston? No a tiny portion of it, called nearly all of Dunkin' Donuts, remained open so as not to inconvenience the police. Way to go.

So what's the point you two are trying to make in response to mine? That this guy doesn't deserve to be punished for killing or maiming dozens of people because the U.S. is rapidly becoming an over-reacting bunch of sheep under the boot of an authoritarian state? Am I following you correctly?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: