View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: X cannot find the right locale Reply with quote

I am preparing a laptop to take with me in Cuba. I begun with a French locale for the user (fr_CH.UTF-8 ) (root is en_US.UTF-8 ), and just changed it to es_CU.UTF-8 in $HOME/.bashrc. I removed the 2 xdg-util-dirs config files in $HOME/.config and do a logout + login.

All this with fvwm-crystal and startx. After the login, the users directories like ~/Documentos was created according to the new locale. That imply xdg-user-dirs-update, which is called in my fvwm-crystal config, do its job fine.

But now I get several messages like:

Code:
[FvwmButtons][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: WARNING -- X does not support locale es_CU.UTF-8

Code:
# locale -a
C
en_US.utf8
es_CU
es_CU.utf8
fr_CH.utf8
POSIX
sv_SE.utf8

With a fr_CH.UTF-8 locale, I don't get those warnings. I think this is a bug somewhere in X or FVWM, but

1) Where can I report it?
2) Is it something I can do in order to suppress those warnings?
dimko
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: This could be your friend Reply with quote

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml

locale -a does what?
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: This could be your friend Reply with quote

dimko wrote:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml

locale -a does what?

It is in my first post. And as explained in my first post, it work well with fr_CH.UTF-8. Also, it appear Xlib doesn't support any es_CU locale. I made a bug report about this with a patch.

But this doesn't solved this issue, even after "emerge -e fvwm".

fvwm doesn't have Spanish locale at that time (this is in discussion on fvwm-workers email list). I made one and patched fvwm ebuild to install it. Problem not solver either. So, I am lost.
dimko
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: This could be your friend Reply with quote

Dominique_71 wrote:

It is in my first post.

Sorry my bad. Trying to raise my carma around here so i get more reply to my own question, if you know what i mean :)

You probably know more on the topic, i jut provide fresh prespective.

If i was you i would try to isolate problem.
Id do it this way:

Start X from console. That way you know for sure what locale variables are used to start server. than open some firefox or something else and see if messages persist. if yes - you know it's X and you can dig further. If no, start from console windows manager, see if errors appear. But by than you will nail problematic application.

Once you nailed problem jut google for contact of whoever did X or windows manager.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: