[solved] framebuffer resolution
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvaterlaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: [solved] framebuffer resolution Reply with quote

Hi folks
I have a question about fbsplash with an Intel Integrated graphic card. There are two monitors connected, which have different resolutions. The first is a touchscreen, with resolution 1366x768 and the second is a small display, which has a resolution of 1024x768. Now, when the box starts, both monitors show a resolution of 1024x768, which is not what I specified in the kernel line of the grub.cfg. The kernel line in grub.cfg is as follows:

Code:

kernel /boot/kernel-3.7.10 root=/dev/sda3 video=DP-2:1366x768-24 video=VGA-1:1024x768-24 splash=silent,theme:livecd-2007.0 console=tty1 quiet

The question is, if it is possible to configure two different resolutions. When I disconnect the second monitor or disable it in the kernel command line via the video= parameter, the touchscreen shows the correct resolution.
If it is not possible to show two different resolutions, could the second monitor be disabled at boot and reenabled when X starts? Or is the monitor permanetally shut off, because the kernel will not initialize it?

greetings

Last edited by mvaterlaus on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maitreya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can choose the highest reso for the splash and the second display wont be able to show it or choose the highest reso from the lowest monitor and show both at the same time.
mvaterlaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your fast answer. I now specified the higher resolution (1366x768) and expected that only the touchscreen will show an image. Now both monitors display the splash image! I don't know why but it works correctly now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: