View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukiri
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Gnome panel freezes when I click on it Reply with quote

I'm currently testing out linux 3.9.0-rc3 on one of my test pcs and I've noticed that either on cinnamon or gnome 3 the desktop environment will freeze if I click on the desktop or if I alt+tab or alt+f2, I want to know if this is a known issue for kernel 3.9? I was also using xorg-server 14 if that helps, did try 13 but had the same result.

Now my guess was a bad kernel build and will be rebuilding the system, but if it is a known error I can hold off and just use 3.8.4 but the reason why I wanted 3.9 mainly because my sound(when I got it actually working but had to use xfce) sounded better than the previous kernel was a lot more clear than before.

Help please?
honp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something similar happens to me, but it is not completely frozen, you can move with mouse, (but can`t do anything else) I thing i have it from upgrade to newer gnome 3.6.x.

H.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: