White Male Gets Lenient Sentence from White Male Judge In KY
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: White Male Gets Lenient Sentence from White Male Judge In KY Reply with quote

It's the "good ol' boy" network at work again, as a white male defendant is treated leniently once again by the rassist courts of the South. If this had been Adria Richards they'd have waterboarded her!
Quote:
As part of 18-year-old Austin Whaley’s punishment, Kenton District Judge Douglas Grothaus recently ordered the Covington man not to say the word “bingo” for six months.

“Just like you can’t run into a theater and yell ‘fire’ when it’s not on fire, you can’t run into a crowded bingo hall and yell ‘bingo’ when there isn’t one,” said Park Hills Police Sgt. Richard Webster, the officer who cited Whaley.

On Feb. 9, Webster was working an off-duty security detail at a Covington bingo hall on West Pike Street when Whaley entered the hall with several other youths and yelled “bingo,” Webster said.

“This caused the hall to quit operating since they thought someone had won,” Webster wrote on his citation. “This delayed the game by several minutes and caused alarm to patrons.”

Webster said the crowd of mostly elderly women did not take kindly to Whaley’s bingo call.

“At first, everybody started moaning and groaning when they thought they’d lost,” Webster said. “When they realized it wasn’t a real bingo, they started hooting and hollering and yelling and cussing. People take their bingo very seriously.”

Had Whaley apologized for his actions, Webster said he probably would have sent him on his way with a warning. “But he refused to say he was sorry,” Webster said.

“He seemed to think he could say whatever he wanted because it was a public building. I tried to explain that that’s not the case. Just because it’s a public building doesn’t give you the right to run into a theater and yell ‘fire.’ You can’t go into a ballpark and yell ‘out,’ because people could stop the game.”

When Whaley appeared in Kenton District Court last week, the judge ordered Whaley: “Do not say the word ‘bingo’ for six months.”

The youthful defendant could have faced up to 90 days in a jail and a $250 fine on the misdemeanor charge. So long as Whaley, who had no prior criminal record, doesn’t get into any more trouble within six months, though, the charge will be dismissed.

“He was remorseful in court,” Grothaus said. “He was obviously a good kid who hadn’t been in trouble before. With all the other things that happen in the court system and the families you’re dealing with, you’ve got to keep a sense of humor.”

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/ab/20130318/NEWS0103/303180190
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: White Male Gets Lenient Sentence from White Male Judge I Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
It's the "good ol' boy" network at work again, as a white male defendant is treated leniently once again by the rassist courts of the South. If this had been Adria Richards they'd have waterboarded her!
Quote:
As part of 18-year-old Austin Whaley’s punishment, Kenton District Judge Douglas Grothaus recently ordered the Covington man not to say the word “bingo” for six months.

“Just like you can’t run into a theater and yell ‘fire’ when it’s not on fire, you can’t run into a crowded bingo hall and yell ‘bingo’ when there isn’t one,” said Park Hills Police Sgt. Richard Webster, the officer who cited Whaley.

On Feb. 9, Webster was working an off-duty security detail at a Covington bingo hall on West Pike Street when Whaley entered the hall with several other youths and yelled “bingo,” Webster said.

“This caused the hall to quit operating since they thought someone had won,” Webster wrote on his citation. “This delayed the game by several minutes and caused alarm to patrons.”

Webster said the crowd of mostly elderly women did not take kindly to Whaley’s bingo call.

“At first, everybody started moaning and groaning when they thought they’d lost,” Webster said. “When they realized it wasn’t a real bingo, they started hooting and hollering and yelling and cussing. People take their bingo very seriously.”

Had Whaley apologized for his actions, Webster said he probably would have sent him on his way with a warning. “But he refused to say he was sorry,” Webster said.

“He seemed to think he could say whatever he wanted because it was a public building. I tried to explain that that’s not the case. Just because it’s a public building doesn’t give you the right to run into a theater and yell ‘fire.’ You can’t go into a ballpark and yell ‘out,’ because people could stop the game.”

When Whaley appeared in Kenton District Court last week, the judge ordered Whaley: “Do not say the word ‘bingo’ for six months.”

The youthful defendant could have faced up to 90 days in a jail and a $250 fine on the misdemeanor charge. So long as Whaley, who had no prior criminal record, doesn’t get into any more trouble within six months, though, the charge will be dismissed.

“He was remorseful in court,” Grothaus said. “He was obviously a good kid who hadn’t been in trouble before. With all the other things that happen in the court system and the families you’re dealing with, you’ve got to keep a sense of humor.”

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/ab/20130318/NEWS0103/303180190

I called bingo one time for a summer camp I worked at and, omg, I thought the old ladies were going to kill me. I was apparently calling the numbers too slow. The camp's assistant director took over and I got sent up to lifeguard.

Juniper wrote:
I fail to see the relevance.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This KY needs more jelly.
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the average age of the participants in bingo, I guess you're right there.
Now it's time for the harvest
NotQuiteSane
Guru
Guru

Location: Klamath Falls, Jefferson, USA, North America, Midgarth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of the joke, "How do you get a little old lady to say 'Fuck!'"?

As I see it -- An irregular blog, Improved with new location

To delete French language packs from system use 'sudo rm -fr /'
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. How do you? Put grease on the stairs and handrail outside her apartment?
NotQuiteSane
Guru
Guru

Location: Klamath Falls, Jefferson, USA, North America, Midgarth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yell "Bingo!"

As I see it -- An irregular blog, Improved with new location

To delete French language packs from system use 'sudo rm -fr /'
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: White Male Gets Lenient Sentence from White Male Judge I Reply with quote

Quote:
“This delayed the game by several minutes and caused alarm to patrons.”
:facepalm: This is a 1st world problem, not a legal issue.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: White Male Gets Lenient Sentence from White Male Judge I Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Quote:
“This delayed the game by several minutes and caused alarm to patrons.”
:facepalm: This is a 1st world problem, not a legal issue.

You sholdn't fuck with little old ladies. They're nice by default, but when you piss them off, look out. They've been around the block and know some things you don't. This kid might get picked up some horny chick, find himself in the hospital with gonorrhea, and receive a Get Well card that says, "Bingo! Ha ha ha!"
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: White Male Gets Lenient Sentence from White Male Judge I Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
"Bingo! Ha ha ha!"
lol

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: White Male Gets Lenient Sentence from White Male Judge I Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
This kid might get picked up [by] some horny chick, find himself in the hospital with gonorrhea, and receive a Get Well card that says, "Bingo! Ha ha ha!"

That's why you should always have some condoms with you. You never know when you're going to be picked up by some horny chick with gonorrhea. :D
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Are you suggesting wearing condoms all the time?
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like carrying, but yes.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, then the grannies should have the chick sit on his face and give him "herpes infection of the eye"*. No way you can protect yourself from that.

* I learned the phrase "herpes infection of the eye" from repeatedly being subjected to the television commercial for Restasis (an opthalmic cyclosporine emulsion for treatment of Chronic Dry Eye). The commercial warns in a rapid voice at the end, "Common side effects include blah blah blah blah blah.... Restatis should not be used by blah blah blah .... and has not been tested on patients with Herpes infection of the eye". And I"m like, "HERPES INFECTION OF THE FUCKING EYE! HOLY FUCK! THAT CAN HAPPEN?!
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken pox is herpegonosyphlaids.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: