Xilinx Webpack: getting a license file?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Xilinx Webpack: getting a license file? Reply with quote

I'm trying to get the Xilinx webpack running on my laptop. Downloaded the linux install package 14.4 and rans the script xsetup. This runs fine until it comes to getting a license file.

I select to get a Webpack license. Then nothing happens anymore. I tried the "save" option in order to paste that in my browser but the save also never happens. Both the license file window and the save window grey out if I move them or minimise them.

If I just close them I get a popup window telling me the window isn't reacting and I can force it to close. If I do this then the install window sayw "install completed".

I can start /opt/Xilinx/14.4/ISE_DS/bin/lin64/ise but it again tells me there is no license file and that it will start the license manager. But nothing happens. Selecting the license manager in the Help menu also does nothing. But if I tell it to make a new project it just does that...

I found the wikipage for the Webpack 11 but how relevant is this still?
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump,

Nobody using this? I installed the dependencies mentioned in the wiki for version 11 but it doesn't change anything. Looking into the preferences I do see that they have webaccess code in it for Firefox, but when I run that code in a terminal it ends with errors. So I assume (not knowing better) that this is why getting a license file during setup doesn't work. But saving the HTML so I could load it in a browser doesn't work either.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: