Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] Xorg: segment.fault at address 0x18
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bronzeboyvn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 30
Location: Vietnam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Xorg: segment.fault at address 0x18 Reply with quote

I have motherboard 880GM-UD2H with GPU on board Radeon HD 4250.
I have compiled the kernel 3.7.9 with firmware r600. Here's my /usr/src/linux.config http://dragula.org/attachments/download/711/config
After emerged xorg-server, xorg-x11 (here's /etc/make.conf http://dragula.org/attachments/download/713/make.conf)
I tested with: Xorg -configure
there's an error:

Code:
[    93.451] (WW) Hotplugging is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse' will be disabled.
[    93.451] (WW) Disabling Mouse0
[    93.451] (WW) Disabling Keyboard0
[    93.464] (II) [KMS] Kernel modesetting enabled.
[    93.464] (EE)
[    93.464] (EE) Backtrace:
[    93.464] (EE) 0: Xorg (xorg_backtrace+0x34) [0x597134]
[    93.464] (EE) 1: Xorg (0x400000+0x19af69) [0x59af69]
[    93.464] (EE) 2: /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x7f1c81b8e000+0x10bf0) [0x7f1c81b9ebf0]
[    93.464] (EE) 3: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so (0x7f1c7f6c9000+0x42704) [0x7f1c7f70b704]
[    93.464] (EE) 4: Xorg (DoConfigure+0xed5) [0x46f8c5]
[    93.464] (EE) 5: Xorg (InitOutput+0x1255) [0x47f065]
[    93.464] (EE) 6: Xorg (0x400000+0x29a7d) [0x429a7d]
[    93.464] (EE) 7: /lib64/libc.so.6 (__libc_start_main+0xed) [0x7f1c8083d60d]
[    93.464] (EE) 8: Xorg (0x400000+0x29fd1) [0x429fd1]
[    93.464] (EE)
[    93.464] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x18
[    93.465]
Fatal server error:
[    93.465] Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
[    93.465]
[    93.465] (EE)


Here's /var/log/Xorg.0.log http://dragula.org/attachments/download/712/Xorg.0.log

Please have me to resolve this problem!


Last edited by bronzeboyvn on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 5006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Xorg: segment.fault at address 0x18 Reply with quote

bronzeboyvn wrote:
I have motherboard 880GM-UD2H with GPU on board Radeon HD 4250.
I have compiled the kernel 3.7.9 with firmware r600. Here's my /usr/src/linux.config http://dragula.org/attachments/download/711/config
After emerged xorg-server, xorg-x11 (here's /etc/make.conf http://dragula.org/attachments/download/713/make.conf)
I tested with: Xorg -configure
there's an error:

Code:
[    93.451] (WW) Hotplugging is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse' will be disabled.
[    93.451] (WW) Disabling Mouse0
[    93.451] (WW) Disabling Keyboard0
[    93.464] (II) [KMS] Kernel modesetting enabled.
[    93.464] (EE)
[    93.464] (EE) Backtrace:
[    93.464] (EE) 0: Xorg (xorg_backtrace+0x34) [0x597134]
[    93.464] (EE) 1: Xorg (0x400000+0x19af69) [0x59af69]
[    93.464] (EE) 2: /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x7f1c81b8e000+0x10bf0) [0x7f1c81b9ebf0]
[    93.464] (EE) 3: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so (0x7f1c7f6c9000+0x42704) [0x7f1c7f70b704]
[    93.464] (EE) 4: Xorg (DoConfigure+0xed5) [0x46f8c5]
[    93.464] (EE) 5: Xorg (InitOutput+0x1255) [0x47f065]
[    93.464] (EE) 6: Xorg (0x400000+0x29a7d) [0x429a7d]
[    93.464] (EE) 7: /lib64/libc.so.6 (__libc_start_main+0xed) [0x7f1c8083d60d]
[    93.464] (EE) 8: Xorg (0x400000+0x29fd1) [0x429fd1]
[    93.464] (EE)
[    93.464] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x18
[    93.465]
Fatal server error:
[    93.465] Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
[    93.465]
[    93.465] (EE)


Here's /var/log/Xorg.0.log http://dragula.org/attachments/download/712/Xorg.0.log

Please have me to resolve this problem!


greetings,

please follow this tutorial: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Radeon
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bronzeboyvn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 30
Location: Vietnam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: still segment.fault Reply with quote

I followed that link, there's still segment.fault as last time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 5006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: still segment.fault Reply with quote

bronzeboyvn wrote:
I followed that link, there's still segment.fault as last time.


you don't need xorg.conf, try without it.
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bronzeboyvn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 30
Location: Vietnam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: great Reply with quote

It works.
Thanks a lot!

By the way there is error when I start chrome (www-client/chromium)

Code:
[7772:7772:0313/061218:ERROR:master_preferences.cc(110)] Failed to read master_preferences file at /usr/lib64/chromium-browser/master_preferences. Falling back to default preferences.
[7772:7790:0313/061218:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(624)] Failed to get name owner. Got org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Could not get owner of name 'org.chromium.Mtpd': no such name
[7772:7790:0313/061218:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(624)] Failed to get name owner. Got org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Could not get owner of name 'org.chromium.Mtpd': no such name
[7772:7790:0313/061218:ERROR:shared_memory_posix.cc(174)] Creating shared memory in /dev/shm/.org.chromium.Chromium.PZxbsx failed: Permission denied
[7772:7790:0313/061218:ERROR:shared_memory_posix.cc(177)] Unable to access(W_OK|X_OK) /dev/shm: Permission denied
[7772:7790:0313/061218:FATAL:shared_memory_posix.cc(179)] This is frequently caused by incorrect permissions on /dev/shm.  Try 'sudo chmod 1777 /dev/shm' to fix.
Aborted


Could you help me to fix it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 5006

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: great Reply with quote

bronzeboyvn wrote:
It works.
Thanks a lot!

By the way there is error when I start chrome (www-client/chromium)

Code:
[7772:7772:0313/061218:ERROR:master_preferences.cc(110)] Failed to read master_preferences file at /usr/lib64/chromium-browser/master_preferences. Falling back to default preferences.
[7772:7790:0313/061218:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(624)] Failed to get name owner. Got org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Could not get owner of name 'org.chromium.Mtpd': no such name
[7772:7790:0313/061218:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(624)] Failed to get name owner. Got org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Could not get owner of name 'org.chromium.Mtpd': no such name
[7772:7790:0313/061218:ERROR:shared_memory_posix.cc(174)] Creating shared memory in /dev/shm/.org.chromium.Chromium.PZxbsx failed: Permission denied
[7772:7790:0313/061218:ERROR:shared_memory_posix.cc(177)] Unable to access(W_OK|X_OK) /dev/shm: Permission denied
[7772:7790:0313/061218:FATAL:shared_memory_posix.cc(179)] This is frequently caused by incorrect permissions on /dev/shm.  Try 'sudo chmod 1777 /dev/shm' to fix.
Aborted


Could you help me to fix it?


  1. open new topic, this isn't related to your issue.
  2. don't use chrome so I cannot help much.
  3. I'd check the permissions of /dev/shm, it seems that you cannot write to it, btw if you'll read the output carefully, you'll see a possible solution.

_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum