View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComputerNerd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: The Church of Gentoo Reply with quote

[img]http://stallman.org/saintignucius.jpg[/img]
Greeting fellows You have just entered the Church of Gentoo.
The Church of Gentoo would love you to be a member to become a member of our faith all you need to do is leave a reply that confesses you faith you must swear to gentoo that:
There is no better distro than Gentoo, Funtoo, and LFS
A simply copy paste will do.
The Church of Gentoo worships the most holy scared penguin the Gentoo penguin
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/Gentoo_Penguin_at_Cooper_Bay%2C_South_Georgia.jpg/342px-Gentoo_Penguin_at_Cooper_Bay%2C_South_Georgia.jpg[/img]
The god of Gentoo demands that you must not harm any penguin especially a Gentoo penguin. By doing so you have sin-ed
To confess your sin you must leave a reply on this topic within 30 days of incident or else when you die The God of Gentoo will send you to hell.
In hell you are forced to use only Ubuntu (latest version) on a 386 computer and you are not allowed to disable unity or else you will be downgraded to a 286 and unity will be re-enabled right away also since Ubuntu is not available for the 286 you are required to compile it on the 286 computer. Also there is no internet except to download Ubuntu.
That may sound scary so why join you may ask. The reason is that the God of Gentoo will be in your favor and speed up your computer vs binary based distros.
Hope you see y'all join. :D

Last edited by ComputerNerd on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
imaginasys
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Father I must confess I had considered other distros in the past :evil:

I have sinned, but now I'm repentant! :roll: I love Gentoo and will always use Gentoo for the rest of my life.

Please take dumb ideas out of my mind like : thinking of arch or sabayon or other binary distros because my CPU is in fire from recompiling the world with a new version of gcc!!!

Lord take this CPU laziness away from me and let me adore the gentoo sources. Only them lead to enlightenment!

Gentoo one day, gentoo always! And enlightenment as the only wm!!

Gentoo rulez!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ComputerNerd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The god of Gentoo gives you forgiveness, You will not goto hell.
andjeng
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

father, can you send me money to build my new fantastic awesome rig :roll: so i can install gentoo, again, and again, and again, over and over again. :roll:
ToeiRei
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

following the Gospel since 1999 - so...
amen brothers :D
djdunn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im kinda equally fond of android
“Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good and just and beautiful.”

― Plato
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First schism: I would never be a member of any church that would have someone like me as a member ... I'll wait for the second schism, amen.

best ... khay
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father, I thank you that you've heard my prays for more fanaticism and extremism! :lol:

Maybe I will try LFS someday but I guess thats alright!? maybe LFS is the spearhead of the church of gentoo, the elite of the elite. We regulars have accepted portage as our weapon to fight the unbeliever-dependencies, and only few of us will be selected to pass the fight unarmed! may the god of gentoo be with us... For the cause!! :lol:
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
warrens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Funtoo now, alas for Metro is a much better stage builder than Catalyst.

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

My Bias #1
The best government is the government that governs least.
Navar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I always considered Gentoo more in the agnostic branch. ;) We don't claim to know the end all be all, we don't ascribe to your particular views unquestionably, and we generally try to stay out of the way of just whatever the hell :twisted: it is you're doing. :P Oh damn, I think I just described FOSS and Gentoo both as being the evil as some higher up the food chains would claim... :roll:
ComputerNerd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only a messenger of the God of Gentoo. For money you must say this prayer to the God of Gentoo
Oh, Holy God of Gentoo give me some money.
For I need a new rig and only you can give it to me.
For more affect repeat the prayer many times.
I think LFS will make a nice addition to our faith. Making them the elite will be a good idea. Also I do think we need more extremism what does this faith need for that?
If you want a second schism I think you should start the church of funtoo.
As for you Navar there is still time to save you. You must confess your Sins but at-least you won't goto hell and be forced to use Ubuntu with unity enabled on a 386.
andjeng
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComputerNerd wrote:
I am only a messenger of the God of Gentoo. For money you must say this prayer to the God of Gentoo
Oh, Holy God of Gentoo give me some money.
For I need a new rig and only you can give it to me.
For more affect repeat the prayer many times.
I think LFS will make a nice addition to our faith. Making them the elite will be a good idea. Also I do think we need more extremism what does this faith need for that?
If you want a second schism I think you should start the church of funtoo.
As for you Navar there is still time to save you. You must confess your Sins but at-least you won't goto hell and be forced to use Ubuntu with unity enabled on a 386.

awhhhhh, come on father, :roll: at least gimme a clue. :roll:
JaGenau
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the Linux conference, reading this thread and praying to the God of Gentoo. Then I won a nice device. Thank you, oh Holy God of Gentoo.

I must confess I have dual boot with Windows, but I swear and I promise I'm gonna use it only for testing and trying things that I really can't do on Gentoo. I hope you forgive me my sins.
warrens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the God of Doing Linux Your Way, who Lord above Funtoo, Gentoo, LFS, and all other build from source Linuxes! Else He shall curse you with an 8086 running DOS 3.3 and Windows 3.0!!! You shall be banned for using Linux forever and banned from all Linux forums, He shall give a thousand BSODs a day for the rest of your retched life!!!

All of the Gods of Funtoo, Gentoo, and LFS bow before Him and they thank Him for their domains, for it is He who has brought them forth.

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

My Bias #1
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I must confess I have dual boot with Windows, but I swear and I promise I'm gonna use it only for testing and trying things that I really can't do on Gentoo. I hope you forgive me my sins

I think the holy god of gentoo have a hard time to forgive you, because this is like putting atomic waste in the living environment of the gentoo-penguins, or to confirm warrens statement: the living environment of the united source-based thinking penguins (we also have to include Lunar). You shall wipe out windows and if you desperately need windows you should run it in a virtual machine!

btw what are those things? games, visual studio and photoshop?

Quote:

:lol:
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
JaGenau
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I boot Windows only when I want to check if something I made works on it or I need to use some strange device (for example my friend's cell phone with Win Phone) and yes, sometimes Visual C++ if I have to. My Win partition is 3x smaller than Gentoo's one. The God of Gentoo should forgive me this sin. I'm sure, because yesterday the merciful God of Gentoo sent me a nice thing while I was praying.

There's no better system than Gentoo.
ComputerNerd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaGenau wrote:
Well, I boot Windows only when I want to check if something I made works on it or I need to use some strange device (for example my friend's cell phone with Win Phone) and yes, sometimes Visual C++ if I have to. My Win partition is 3x smaller than Gentoo's one. The God of Gentoo should forgive me this sin. I'm sure, because yesterday the merciful God of Gentoo sent me a nice thing while I was praying.

There's no better system than Gentoo.

The god of gentoo forgives you.
ComputerNerd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdunn wrote:
im kinda equally fond of android

Oh no we have a sin-er here!. Android is the most sinful linux based operating system android does not even resemble a good GNU/linux based distro.
The god of Gentoo will send you to hell soon and your computer will never be blessed like the current memebers of our faith. Your penance shall be to install and uninstall LFS 5 times and you must not use the manual and post a screenshot each time. That shall revive you of your terrible sin.
666threesixes666
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my windows partitions a 1/10th of my gentoo on my desktop, my laptop and blade are gentoo only.
warrens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: The Church of Gentoo Reply with quote

ComputerNerd wrote:

There is no better distro than Gentoo

The is no better distros than Funtoo, Gentoo, and LFS.

Correction from the God of Doing Linux Your Way.

There is no picking of order allowed for they are equals.

Woe be unto him that forgets this!

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

My Bias #1
666threesixes666
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFS doesnt have package management, a double edged sward. LFS is insanely sexy, i like gentoo because its LFS enough for me, and does the heavy lifting, and for the last few packages i dont mind being an evil world conquering sorcerer.
ComputerNerd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Church of Gentoo Reply with quote

warrens wrote:
ComputerNerd wrote:

There is no better distro than Gentoo

The is no better distros than Funtoo, Gentoo, and LFS.

Correction from the God of Doing Linux Your Way.

There is no picking of order allowed for they are equals.

Woe be unto him that forgets this!

Thank you fellow messenger of Gentoo I have fixed my error in conveying the word of Gentoo for penance I am running
Code:
emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --newuse world
even though I don't need to run it right now.
keenblade
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navar wrote:
Funny, I always considered Gentoo more in the agnostic branch. ;)

Me, too.
I dual boot with windows 8 (no hope for me I guess) to play games within steam. But I need windows for my master thesis which may give me a hope :)
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dual boot with windows 8 (no hope for me I guess) to play games within steam. But I need windows for my master thesis which may give me a hope :)

I think the god of gentoo has mercy with those who use windows to play games, because when you want to play games you don't want to hack 10 hours and then the game may or may not work, you just want to relax and play...

However may I ask what you are studying and whats your master thesis? you have chosen a master-thesis that requires windows?! is it: how can I infiltrate M$ ? :)
keenblade
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
However may I ask what you are studying and whats your master thesis? you have chosen a master-thesis that requires windows?! is it: how can I infiltrate M$ ? :)

I am studying music education. Thesis subject is about the effect of basic physical movements on musical memory".
Actually my thesis does not require windows, but since my instructor does not use linux, it creates some compability problems which slow down me. Then I have to do all the work on my own with little help from my instructor, etc.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: