Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Ex-DEA heads: Feds should nullify state pot laws
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 458
Location: /US/Georgia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Ex-DEA heads: Feds should nullify state pot laws Reply with quote

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130305/DA4QQKSG0.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Ex-DEA heads: Feds should nullify state pot laws Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130305/DA4QQKSG0.html


Fucking bozos. Pot/hemp should be illegal, yet tobacco and alcohol is not, even tho it is worse in every respect. Idiots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 458
Location: /US/Georgia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Ex-DEA heads: Feds should nullify state pot laws Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130305/DA4QQKSG0.html


Fucking bozos. Pot/hemp should be illegal, yet tobacco and alcohol is not, even tho it is worse in every respect. Idiots.
This part was great too

Quote:
Bensinger, who lives in the Chicago area, said not acting forthrightly to sue the states might create "a domino effect" in which other states follow suit.
Oh wow, we can't have that now can we.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

States should drone any feds violating state constitutions.
_________________
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring. -- Perry Cox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 690
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ex-DEA heads: Feds should nullify state pot laws Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130305/DA4QQKSG0.html


Authoritarian pricks. May they all choke to death.
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Posts: 1104
Location: Rep. of Ireland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

States with pot laws should nullify Fed DEAs.
_________________
juniper wrote:
you experience political reality dilation when travelling at american political speeds. it's in einstein's formulas. it's not their fault.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budget cuts: DEA, ATF, IRS. I'm not picky about the order.
_________________
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring. -- Perry Cox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Budget cuts: DEA, ATF, IRS. I'm not picky about the order.

Don't forget DHS.
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, probably ought to start with the newest.
_________________
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring. -- Perry Cox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 90
Location: Detroit, Michigan - The Home of Rock and Roll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with a cut to the IRS. That is at its root a cut on the rest as well.
_________________
What do we want?
Free Stuff!
When do we want it?
Now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Posts: 1104
Location: Rep. of Ireland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogamol wrote:
Start with a cut to the IRS. That is at its root a cut on the rest as well.

Great idea, that way the federal government can be 100% funded by debt. That'll go well.
_________________
juniper wrote:
you experience political reality dilation when travelling at american political speeds. it's in einstein's formulas. it's not their fault.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 90
Location: Detroit, Michigan - The Home of Rock and Roll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said cut to the IRS not cut the IRS. #kneejerk
_________________
What do we want?
Free Stuff!
When do we want it?
Now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1243
Location: ID, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
bogamol wrote:
Start with a cut to the IRS. That is at its root a cut on the rest as well.

Great idea, that way the federal government can be 100% funded by debt. That'll go well.

You seem to be under the impression that there isn't a spending issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Posts: 1104
Location: Rep. of Ireland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
aidanjt wrote:
bogamol wrote:
Start with a cut to the IRS. That is at its root a cut on the rest as well.

Great idea, that way the federal government can be 100% funded by debt. That'll go well.

You seem to be under the impression that there isn't a spending issue.

Correct, the spending is the actual problem, or more accurately, not paying for that spending. It's like solving your $40,000 credit card debt by quitting your job and continuing to fund all your shopping sprees off your credit cards, paying off one credit card with another.
_________________
juniper wrote:
you experience political reality dilation when travelling at american political speeds. it's in einstein's formulas. it's not their fault.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 690
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
Correct, the spending is the actual problem, or more accurately, not paying for that spending. It's like solving your $40,000 credit card debt by quitting your job and continuing to fund all your shopping sprees off your credit cards, paying off one credit card with another.


When you go shopping for a car, you do not look at Pagani Zondas because they are out of your price range. This is exactly the kind of thinking government needs. Rand Paul had a brilliant idea... each manager in government should find the waste their department, and after identifying it receive a percentage of that savings as a personal bonus to their paycheck. Do that across government and the USA would reduce spending by over a trillion dollars each year.
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
aidanjt wrote:
Correct, the spending is the actual problem, or more accurately, not paying for that spending. It's like solving your $40,000 credit card debt by quitting your job and continuing to fund all your shopping sprees off your credit cards, paying off one credit card with another.


When you go shopping for a car, you do not look at Pagani Zondas because they are out of your price range. This is exactly the kind of thinking government needs. Rand Paul had a brilliant idea... each manager in government should find the waste their department, and after identifying it receive a percentage of that savings as a personal bonus to their paycheck. Do that across government and the USA would reduce spending by over a trillion dollars each year.


me <------------------- no economics degree
me <------------------- can easily see the perverse incentives created

But I agree something must be done, and maybe even that. Expect fallout though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
...receive a percentage of that savings as a personal bonus to their paycheck. Do that across government and the USA would reduce spending by over a trillion dollars each year.

Sounds like the system the Mob uses! It would make for a very micro-managed government that gets almost nothing done, but doesn't cost much to do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1243
Location: ID, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Muso wrote:
...receive a percentage of that savings as a personal bonus to their paycheck. Do that across government and the USA would reduce spending by over a trillion dollars each year.

Sounds like the system the Mob uses! It would make for a very micro-managed government that gets almost nothing done, but doesn't cost much to do it.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 690
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Muso wrote:
...receive a percentage of that savings as a personal bonus to their paycheck. Do that across government and the USA would reduce spending by over a trillion dollars each year.

Sounds like the system the Mob uses! It would make for a very micro-managed government that gets almost nothing done, but doesn't cost much to do it.


As opposed to an incredibly bloated, expensive government that gets almost nothing done.
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 458
Location: /US/Georgia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
Muso wrote:
...receive a percentage of that savings as a personal bonus to their paycheck. Do that across government and the USA would reduce spending by over a trillion dollars each year.

Sounds like the system the Mob uses! It would make for a very micro-managed government that gets almost nothing done, but doesn't cost much to do it.


As opposed to an incredibly bloated, expensive government that gets almost nothing done.
The cynical libertarian would be pleased with the fact that the government is so inefficient and wasteful. :p
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, when a state make a reasonable law, that should be overturned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum