Amarok database not removing deleted files
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueFusion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Amarok database not removing deleted files Reply with quote

Hey folks,

I have been a long time user of Amarok as my main media player. I currently use it on 4 seperate machines. On all 4, Amarok does not remove song entries from the MySQL database after files have been renamed/deleted/moved and a rescan is performed. It scans in any new music no problem.

On all 4 systems, I use the external MySQL option, although the MySQL server resides on each individual system (except for one, which is on a seperate server). My collection is around 14,000 tracks, so this keeps things a bit quicker than the embedded option.

Full collection rescans, updates, and restarting Amarok does not help. There are still songs in my collection that have been deleted months ago.

I really hate to start my databases from scratch. Does anybody know if this is a bug or some other problem others have experienced?

FWIW, the amarok MySQL user have "all privileges" on the amarok database.
Konsti
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any news about the issue?

I have exactly the same problem on my (non-gentoo) amarok installation. I use several machines with an amarok installation on it and this one has particularly the exact same problem. I don't use the mysql database but the vanilla sqlite management capabilities of amarok. And it is version 2.7.0 on all my machines!

Well, how do I start a new database from scratch anyhow?

Kind Regards
Konsti

[EDIT]
PS.: May be this is importand: My music collection is on a mounted nfsv4 share.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: