FCGI no longer starting due to wrong initscript settings
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eistaucher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: FCGI no longer starting due to wrong initscript settings Reply with quote

Hi,

im running my nginx webserver with fastcgi (dev-perl/FCGI-0.740.0). Recently I discoverd the problem that the FCGI init-script /etc/init.d/perl-fcgi does not start anymore.
I had a closer look in the script and there I can see the following declerations:

Code:
PERL_SCRIPT=/usr/bin/fastcgi-wrapper.pl
FASTCGI_USER=www-data

First thing is: the perl script does not exist in /usr/bin. It is called /usr/bin/fastcgi-wrapper (without the extension .pl)
Second thing is: I don't have a user www-data which confuses me because I was quite sure that I previously had this user
and group installed. But maybe Im mixing things up. At the moment the directories which are used by nginx have the user and group
"nginx" set.

When setting the FASTCGI_USER to root, it works but I dont want to run this as root.
Can someone tell me what I can do now?
I can add an user/group www-data but I dont know which home-directory and shell I should use for him.

More Interesting would be why these changes have been made to the init-script. Am I the only one who run into this problem?

Maybe you must know that Im using the "hardened/linux/x86" profile.

Greetings,
eistaucher
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: