Intel licence files for ICC/IFC/MKL
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[n00b@localhost]
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Intel licence files for ICC/IFC/MKL Reply with quote

I need to install IFC, ICC and MKL in order to do some comparisons against code I'm developing but am having trouble obtaining the licence files needed.

I am using the ebuild from the science overlay to install sci-libs/mkl-11.0.1.117 and the ebuilds in the main portage tree to install dev-lang/ifc-13.0.1.117 and dev-lang/icc-13.0.1.117. The ebuilds fail to find a licence file and instruct me to go to http://software.intel.com/en-us/non-commercial-software-development to get one. I fill out the form as requested and receive an email, but there is no licence file attached. Previously when I have installed IFC, ICC and MKL I registered with Intel and received an email with a licence file attached, but when I try I only get a serial number emailed.

Has Intel changed the way users need to get a licence for non-commercial development since the ebuild was written? How do I go about getting one?
[n00b@localhost]
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I seem to have figured it out for myself and will post here what I did for those that find themselves in a similar situation.

I needed to register an account with Intel in order to complete the product registration. Once I did that I went to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/regcenter/register.aspx and logged in. There is a list of the products I have registered along with the expiration dates of the licences I have for them. Clicking on the product takes me to another page with a "manage licence" link at the bottom. This gives me the opportunity to get the licence file resent to my email (which results in a similar email being sent with the serial number, but no licence file). Also on the page is a text box containing the licence. I copied the text of the licence into a file in /opt/intel/composerxe-2013_update1.1.117/licenses/ named with the serial number with ".lic" at the end. This appears to have let me install IFC, ICC and MKL under one licence. Further details and instructions are available here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-manage-my-licenses.

I'm not entirely sure if all this is necessary or if my email provider is stripping out the attached licence from the emails Intel sends, however I did try two different email addresses with the same result.
alex.blackbit
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for replying to such an old thread, but I am stuck with exactly the same problem and the proposed solution does not work for me.
[n00b@localhost]: What 'page' exactly are you referring to where you got the content of the .lic file in a text box?

Thanks in advance.
Puschkin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register at
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/non-commercial-software-development/
where you get your product serial number/license (like AB12-ABCD1234)

Then a licence file must be created and it must end with .lic (something.lic), where the license is copied.

this file must be put into
/opt/intel/composerxe-2013_update4.5.192/licenses

Also see:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/354581

Puschkin
alex.blackbit
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puschkin,

thanks for your answer, but I cannot reproduce what you posted.
After registering at the mentioned website I get redirected to page that just says:
Code:
Thank you for your interest in Intel® C++ Composer XE for Linux*.  You will receive an email containing instructions for how to download this product.   You should receive this email shortly.   For Licensing and Registration help, click here.

The link goes to Download, Licensing & Registration Support, a non-personalized page that does not allow interaction with licenses.

I do get an email after registering. This email reads
Code:
You have completed your registration of Intel® C++ Composer XE for Linux* for non-commercial use.
table top Please save this email for future reference.

Intel® C++ Composer XE for Linux*
Your product serial number is: XXXX-XXXXXXXX
Get new product updates and releases through: July 12, 2014

Download and install your software today!
Release Notes ›

Download
Get software downloads and updates from the Intel® Software Development Products Registration Center as well as account and license information for your product. table bottom

Get technical support from the community self-help and user forums.

Nothing that looks like a license file.
Am I really too stupid for this?
wazoo42
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@alex.blackbit, the setup has changed and installing mkl is similar to installing adobe flash. Namely, you need to add the following to /etc/portage/package.license.

Code:

dev-libs/intel-common Intel-SDP
sci-libs/mkl Intel-SDP

After doing that the emerge should proceed normally (unless you have eselect-blas, etc installed, in which case you'd have to remove them first).
AstroFloyd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the online-installer script to generate a licence file, as described here. In that case you don't have to download gigabytes of data again.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: