View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Official Gun-Owning Toxicity Thread Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
[Creationists in the gun debate] are toxic people with toxic ideas which cause an immense amount of harm and avoidable deaths.

Well, that's me! I figured I'm not the only toxic gun owner in here, and I highly doubt you have to be a creationist to be one. So I created this thread to find out which of us here is truly the most toxic. :twisted:

1. Palmetto State Armory AR-15 (16" barrel, NATO 5.56 mm)
2. Savage Axis XP (.223)
3. Savage Stevens 62 (.22 LR)

So I've got three. The first one is definitely toxic. The second one is a bolt-action deer rifle, but it still takes something like assault weapon ammo, so it's probably evil. The third one takes the smallest common caliber possible, but it's semiautomatic, and therefore still evil.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no creationist, would that disqualify me as "toxic?"

1. S&W 629 Classic (Dirty Harry, except I chose stainless ... the "6")
Bigun
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approximate 9 or 10... I honestly lost count, and I'm not foolish enough to post type or caliber.
NotQuiteSane
Guru
Guru

Location: Klamath Falls, Jefferson, USA, North America, Midgarth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sold a few in this list, but my safe should have most of these in it.

Marlin model 60
1917 Enfield (100% winchester)
No 5 mk I SLME (aka "jungle carbine)
No 4 Mk III SMLE
vz 24 (rebarreled to 25-06 aoriginalckley improved)
"Turk" mauser (rechambered for 8mm-06 Ackley Improved)
250-3000 Savage m99 (1915 model (year introduced), takedown model. original owner left it to me in his will.)

Mossburg 500
Bolt action Savage .410 (no serial #, Scary Gun?)
Bolt action Savage 16 Guage (also no Serial #)

NAA 22lr / 22wmr Black Widow (not a micro-gun)
Kel-tec p32
Kel-tec pf9
RRA 1911 clone
9x25 Dillon EAA Witness (permament setup, was IPSC gun)
EAA witness with 45acp, 38 super and 10mm uppers

thinking about buying a L1A1, and might start looking at pre-1900 bolt action rifles. would like to find one that was a) designed around a black powder cartridge and b) was used in an actual war.

NQS

As I see it -- An irregular blog, Improved with new location

To delete French language packs from system use 'sudo rm -fr /'
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official Gun-Owning Toxicity Thread Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
mcgruff wrote:
[Creationists in the gun debate] are toxic people with toxic ideas which cause an immense amount of harm and avoidable deaths.

Maybe you could add a link to the topic which puts that quote in context?

Since 1960 or thereabouts there have been over a million deaths from guns. That's more than in all the wars in that period combined.

Thus, being pro-gun means supporting hundreds of thousands of needless deaths which would not happen with saner (ie more restrictive) gun policies. If that isn't toxic I don't know what is.

Also, if you believe in that sort of thing, it's an offence against god. Personally, I don't but I do find it extremely hypocritical when self-styled christians demand the right for everyone to be armed.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official Gun-Owning Toxicity Thread Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:
mcgruff wrote:

Since 1960 or thereabouts there have been over a million deaths from guns. That's more than in all the wars in that period combined.

Thus, being pro-gun means supporting hundreds of thousands of needless deaths which would not happen with saner (ie more restrictive) gun policies. If that isn't toxic I don't know what is.

Also, if you believe in that sort of thing, it's an offence against god. Personally, I don't but I do find it extremely hypocritical when self-styled christians demand the right for everyone to be armed.

You are funny.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official Gun-Owning Toxicity Thread Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
If that isn't toxic I don't know what is.
At least we finally have that cleared up.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to topic.

I've got a couple of black powder muzzle loaders, a long barrel shotgun, a short barrel shotgun, a Browning A-Bolt rifle with a composite stock, a mini Ruger .22 rifle and a Colt 1911 .45 ACP. I also have a couple of .30 caliber Marlins with octagon barrels a .32-20 Marlin with an octagon barrel (all built in the 1880s), a 10 gauge Damascus twist double barreled shotgun (pre 20th century European built, forget the manufacturer), and an Arisaka WWII rifle all off site and secured, as a few of those are prime collectibles.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Soon they will all be melted down to make truncheons and human cattle prods for DHS storm troopers.

Speaking of which, that old man holding a kid hostage in his bunker has been killed by the FBI. Apparently he had some kind of beef with the Government, and was asking to speak with reporters. The Ministry of Truth couldn't let that happen, so they told the FBI to take his ass out (rather than just using odorless gas to incapacitate him while sleeping and then capture him), which is well within their capabilities.

They watched him using a filament camera, and waited until he was asleep. Then they blew the hatch, dropped in a stun grenade, zipped an armor-clad warrior down the hole, and blew his old ass away.

No need to have his paranoid nonsense about "liberty" and "rights" cluttering up the airwaves confusing compliant people.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Sig Sauer P229. I used to have a Ruger 10/22, but gave it away.

I've been thinking about getting a shotgun and taking up trap shooting, but now all the Obama follower zombies will be flooding into the skeet range fapping wildly, so it won't be a safe play to be anymore.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
They watched him using a filament camera, and waited until he was asleep. Then they blew the hatch, dropped in a stun grenade, zipped an armor-clad warrior down the whole, and blew his old ass away.

No need to have his paranoid nonsense about "liberty" and "rights" cluttering up the airwaves confusing compliant people.

Ain't no different than how they treat the family dog when issuing a warrant.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
They watched him using a filament camera, and waited until he was asleep. Then they blew the hatch, dropped in a stun grenade, zipped an armor-clad warrior down the hole, and blew his old ass away.

Ain't no different than how they treat the family dog when issuing a warrant.

Kept him from flapping his lips to the press, though, and getting all the three-toothed rednecks riled up.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

You mean free citizens of the republic no longer have the liberty to attack a school bus, shoot the driver and take kids hostage??!!

I don't know what the world is coming to.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

You mean free citizens of the republic no longer have the liberty to attack a school bus, shoot the driver and take kids hostage??!!

I don't know what the world is coming to.

That's why you arrest him and put him on trial. He was an old man in a fucking box. He could have easily been incapacitated, and that would even have been safer for the hostage than what they did. The only reason they'd have gone this route was if somebody wanted him silenced immediately.

The FBI had no business even being involved. This wasn't a Federal crime.

This is consistent with the Obama Administration's handling of all its enemies. Kill them, to avoid any of that messy legal crap and any long-term political costs.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK not just a murderer with a child hostage but an enemy of the president. Don't know how I could have missed that.

Let's imagine the kid had a gun. I guess you'd insist he has the right to defend himself against tyrannical gubmint as well as the right of self-defense against an attacker. So: your position is that he should have shot the FBI guy to defend his fellow citizen's liberty, then shot his fellow citizen (and kidnapper) to defend his own.

Makes perfect sense.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...

Kidnapping is a federal crime, if he crossed state lines.

He didn't, so it was not a matter for the FEDs, ergo FBI should not be there.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He killed a school bus driver whose salary is partially paid by the Feds. That's the only way I could see the FBI getting involved. Or else local law enforcement asked for assistance.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
So: your position is that he should have shot the FBI guy to defend his fellow citizen's liberty, then shot his fellow citizen (and kidnapper) to defend his own.

Yeah, right. And your position is head deeply inserted in authoritarian collective ass, right up past the armpits.

You should be bitch-slapped for not even thinking of wondering why, after several days in a hostage standoff situation, the world has not been given even a hint as to what this guy's demands were.

By the way, even MSNBC was going off on him and his "Targeted Killing" crap tonight, on the Rachel Maddow, although refuse to sully him personally, referring only to "The Obama Administration", and not The Deity himself.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the tyranny!
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
He killed a school bus driver.

School bus drivers should definitely be armed, with a gun to protect the kids, and with a cattle prod to keep them under control.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Old School wrote:
He killed a school bus driver.

School bus drivers should definitely be armed, with a gun to protect the kids, and with a cattle prod to keep them under control.

Electric seats would be an idea, with clamps that lock the little darlings in until their destination.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Gun-Owning Toxicity Thread Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
D'uh...

Hey mcgruff, rights are not gifts from government.
Bigun
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official Gun-Owning Toxicity Thread Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:
mcgruff wrote:

That surprises me that you even care, I thought a Darwinist would support deepening the gene pool.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official Gun-Owning Toxicity Thread Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
mcgruff wrote:
D'uh...

Hey mcgruff, rights are not gifts from government.

In mcgruff-land, all good things are gifts from beloved government, and paternalism and authoritarianism are desirable attributes of the state.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: