Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Wine: Funky libpng dep
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
emsy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Wine: Funky libpng dep Reply with quote

After trying to update libpng from 1.5.13-r1 to 1.5.14 i had some dependency errors. Unmerged libpng and re-emerged, but i get the same error when updating world, just reversed:

Code:
!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

media-libs/libpng:0

  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.13-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    media-libs/libpng:0/0= required by (app-emulation/wine-1.5.22::gentoo, installed)

  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5::gentoo, installed)
    (and 1 more with the same problem)


i don't understand that media-libs/libpng:0/0= dep on wine...

what to do?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenon
Guru
Guru


Joined: 25 Dec 2002
Posts: 430
Location: Europe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled upon your post while trying to understand the new slot notation, however I'm not encountering the block you have.

What's the timestamp of your wine ebuild? Maybe it was updated to comply with the slot changes in portage (just a guess).

This is mine:

Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root    root      8007 Jan 20 03:27 wine-1.5.22.ebuild


and here's the relevant bit:

Code:
png? ( media-libs/libpng:= )


Hope this helps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
emsy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
hroch ~ # ls -l /usr/portage/app-emulation/wine/wine-1.5.22.ebuild
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8007 Jan 20 03:27 /usr/portage/app-emulation/wine/wine-1.5.22.ebuild
hroch ~ # grep libpng /usr/portage/app-emulation/wine/wine-1.5.22.ebuild
        png? ( media-libs/libpng:= )


same thing as u have...

the conflict is solved by using --backtrack=30, but still, it shouldn't happen at all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ssuominen
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 2001
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emsy wrote:
Code:
hroch ~ # ls -l /usr/portage/app-emulation/wine/wine-1.5.22.ebuild
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8007 Jan 20 03:27 /usr/portage/app-emulation/wine/wine-1.5.22.ebuild
hroch ~ # grep libpng /usr/portage/app-emulation/wine/wine-1.5.22.ebuild
        png? ( media-libs/libpng:= )


same thing as u have...

the conflict is solved by using --backtrack=30, but still, it shouldn't happen at all


Using Funtoo instead of Gentoo? If not, what version of Portage?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
emsy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssuominen wrote:

Using Funtoo instead of Gentoo? If not, what version of Portage?

i don't know what Funtoo is, so probably not...
Code:
hroch ~ # emerge --version
Portage 2.1.11.50 (default/linux/amd64/10.0, gcc-4.6.3, glibc-2.16.0, 3.7.3-gentoo x86_64)
hroch ~ # uname -a
Linux hroch 3.7.3-gentoo #1 SMP Thu Jan 24 10:43:19 CET 2013 x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

though it's possible i used 2.1.11.49 or 48 at time of the emerge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jmrk
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here. "emerge -avuD world" wants to downgrade libpng:
Code:
[ebuild     UD ] media-libs/libpng-1.5.13-r1:0/0 [1.5.14:0/15] USE="apng (-neon) -static-libs" 0 kB

But then complains that it can't:
Code:
!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

media-libs/libpng:0

  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.13-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    media-libs/libpng:0/0= required by (app-emulation/wine-1.5.22::gentoo, installed)
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/0= required by (net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.10.2-r300::gentoo, installed)

  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5::gentoo, installed)

Specifying --backtrack=30 solves the conflict, libpng is no longer downgraded, instead both wine and webkit-gtk are re-emerged.
Gentoo ~amd64, Portage 2.2.0_alpha161. (Definitely not Funtoo.)

What's this funny :0/15 notation?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ssuominen
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 2001
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastebin the complete output of, for example, `emerge -pvDNut world`, I bet there is more to this into what is shown by now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jmrk
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, too late. After updating world with --backtrack=30, which re-emerged wine and webkit-gtk, I'm not seeing any blockers or other inconsistencies anymore.

It looks to me like wine. webkit-gtk, and gdk-pixbuf all claimed to depend on the libpng version they were compiled against, but those were two different libpng versions blocking each other, and it took --backtrack=30 to make portage realize that it could solve the dilemma by simply rebuilding those packages that depended on the older libpng.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
emsy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssuominen wrote:
Pastebin the complete output of, for example, `emerge -pvDNut world`, I bet there is more to this into what is shown by now

with standard -DNavu there were no other (related) messages. Don't know about --tree

jmrk wrote:
Sorry, too late. After updating world with --backtrack=30, which re-emerged wine and webkit-gtk, I'm not seeing any blockers or other inconsistencies anymore.

same here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gh0str1d3r
Guru
Guru


Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 315

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue, here is the full emerge output:

Code:
# emerge -pvDNut world

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  rR    ] net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.10.2-r300:3  USE="geoloc gstreamer introspection jit spell webgl (-aqua) -coverage -debug {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] kde-base/ksplash-4.10.0:4  USE="mmx sse sse2 xinerama -3dnow (-altivec) (-aqua) -debug" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] app-emulation/wine-1.5.23-r1  USE="X alsa cups fontconfig gecko jpeg lcms mono mp3 ncurses nls openal opengl perl png prelink pulseaudio samba scanner ssl threads truetype udisks v4l win32 win64 xcomposite xinerama xml -capi -custom-cflags -gphoto2 -gsm (-gstreamer) -ldap -odbc -opencl -osmesa -oss (-selinux) {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild     U  ] media-gfx/digikam-3.0.0:4 [3.0.0_rc:4] USE="handbook mysql semantic-desktop thumbnails video -addressbook (-aqua) -debug -doc -gphoto2 -themedesigner" LINGUAS="de -af -ar -az -be -bg -bn -br -bs -ca -cs -csb -cy -da -el -en_GB -eo -es -et -eu -fa -fi -fo -fr -fy -ga -gl -ha -he -hi -hr -hsb -hu -id -is -it -ja -ka -kk -km -ko -ku -lb -lo -lt -lv -mi -mk -mn -ms -mt -nb -nds -ne -nl -nn -nso -oc -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -rw -se -sk -sl -sq -sr -sr@Latn -ss -sv -ta -te -tg -th -tr -tt -uk -uz -uz@cyrillic -ven -vi -wa -xh -zh_CN -zh_HK -zh_TW -zu" 0 kB
[ebuild     U  ]  kde-base/marble-4.10.0:4 [4.9.5:4] USE="handbook kde plasma python (-aqua) -debug -designer-plugin -gps -shapefile {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ]   kde-base/kdelibs-4.10.0:4  USE="acl alsa bzip2 fam handbook jpeg2k mmx nls opengl (policykit) semantic-desktop spell sse sse2 ssl udev udisks upower zeroconf -3dnow (-altivec) (-aqua) -debug -doc -kerberos -lzma -openexr {-test} (-upnp)" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5:2  USE="X introspection jpeg jpeg2k tiff -debug {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  r  UD ]  media-libs/libpng-1.5.13-r1:0/0 [1.5.14:0/15] USE="apng static-libs (-neon)" 0 kB

Total: 8 packages (2 upgrades, 1 downgrade, 5 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB

WARNING: One or more updates have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

media-libs/libpng:0

  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.10.2-r300::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    media-libs/libpng:0/15= required by (app-emulation/wine-1.5.23-r1::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (kde-base/kdelibs-4.10.0::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    media-libs/libpng:0/15= required by (kde-base/ksplash-4.10.0::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5::gentoo, installed)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ssuominen
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 2001
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gh0str1d3r wrote:
I have the same issue, here is the full emerge output:

Code:
# emerge -pvDNut world

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  rR    ] net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.10.2-r300:3  USE="geoloc gstreamer introspection jit spell webgl (-aqua) -coverage -debug {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] kde-base/ksplash-4.10.0:4  USE="mmx sse sse2 xinerama -3dnow (-altivec) (-aqua) -debug" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] app-emulation/wine-1.5.23-r1  USE="X alsa cups fontconfig gecko jpeg lcms mono mp3 ncurses nls openal opengl perl png prelink pulseaudio samba scanner ssl threads truetype udisks v4l win32 win64 xcomposite xinerama xml -capi -custom-cflags -gphoto2 -gsm (-gstreamer) -ldap -odbc -opencl -osmesa -oss (-selinux) {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild     U  ] media-gfx/digikam-3.0.0:4 [3.0.0_rc:4] USE="handbook mysql semantic-desktop thumbnails video -addressbook (-aqua) -debug -doc -gphoto2 -themedesigner" LINGUAS="de -af -ar -az -be -bg -bn -br -bs -ca -cs -csb -cy -da -el -en_GB -eo -es -et -eu -fa -fi -fo -fr -fy -ga -gl -ha -he -hi -hr -hsb -hu -id -is -it -ja -ka -kk -km -ko -ku -lb -lo -lt -lv -mi -mk -mn -ms -mt -nb -nds -ne -nl -nn -nso -oc -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -rw -se -sk -sl -sq -sr -sr@Latn -ss -sv -ta -te -tg -th -tr -tt -uk -uz -uz@cyrillic -ven -vi -wa -xh -zh_CN -zh_HK -zh_TW -zu" 0 kB
[ebuild     U  ]  kde-base/marble-4.10.0:4 [4.9.5:4] USE="handbook kde plasma python (-aqua) -debug -designer-plugin -gps -shapefile {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ]   kde-base/kdelibs-4.10.0:4  USE="acl alsa bzip2 fam handbook jpeg2k mmx nls opengl (policykit) semantic-desktop spell sse sse2 ssl udev udisks upower zeroconf -3dnow (-altivec) (-aqua) -debug -doc -kerberos -lzma -openexr {-test} (-upnp)" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5:2  USE="X introspection jpeg jpeg2k tiff -debug {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  r  UD ]  media-libs/libpng-1.5.13-r1:0/0 [1.5.14:0/15] USE="apng static-libs (-neon)" 0 kB

Total: 8 packages (2 upgrades, 1 downgrade, 5 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB

WARNING: One or more updates have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

media-libs/libpng:0

  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.10.2-r300::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    media-libs/libpng:0/15= required by (app-emulation/wine-1.5.23-r1::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (kde-base/kdelibs-4.10.0::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    media-libs/libpng:0/15= required by (kde-base/ksplash-4.10.0::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5::gentoo, installed)


Maybe it's https://bugs.gentoo.org/456208 you are having. I guess I would --sync, make sure sys-apps/portage is latest, perhaps from ~arch, and emerge -C libpng and emerge -1 libpng
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gh0str1d3r
Guru
Guru


Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 315

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssuominen wrote:
Gh0str1d3r wrote:
I have the same issue, here is the full emerge output:

Code:
# emerge -pvDNut world

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  rR    ] net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.10.2-r300:3  USE="geoloc gstreamer introspection jit spell webgl (-aqua) -coverage -debug {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] kde-base/ksplash-4.10.0:4  USE="mmx sse sse2 xinerama -3dnow (-altivec) (-aqua) -debug" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] app-emulation/wine-1.5.23-r1  USE="X alsa cups fontconfig gecko jpeg lcms mono mp3 ncurses nls openal opengl perl png prelink pulseaudio samba scanner ssl threads truetype udisks v4l win32 win64 xcomposite xinerama xml -capi -custom-cflags -gphoto2 -gsm (-gstreamer) -ldap -odbc -opencl -osmesa -oss (-selinux) {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild     U  ] media-gfx/digikam-3.0.0:4 [3.0.0_rc:4] USE="handbook mysql semantic-desktop thumbnails video -addressbook (-aqua) -debug -doc -gphoto2 -themedesigner" LINGUAS="de -af -ar -az -be -bg -bn -br -bs -ca -cs -csb -cy -da -el -en_GB -eo -es -et -eu -fa -fi -fo -fr -fy -ga -gl -ha -he -hi -hr -hsb -hu -id -is -it -ja -ka -kk -km -ko -ku -lb -lo -lt -lv -mi -mk -mn -ms -mt -nb -nds -ne -nl -nn -nso -oc -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -rw -se -sk -sl -sq -sr -sr@Latn -ss -sv -ta -te -tg -th -tr -tt -uk -uz -uz@cyrillic -ven -vi -wa -xh -zh_CN -zh_HK -zh_TW -zu" 0 kB
[ebuild     U  ]  kde-base/marble-4.10.0:4 [4.9.5:4] USE="handbook kde plasma python (-aqua) -debug -designer-plugin -gps -shapefile {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ]   kde-base/kdelibs-4.10.0:4  USE="acl alsa bzip2 fam handbook jpeg2k mmx nls opengl (policykit) semantic-desktop spell sse sse2 ssl udev udisks upower zeroconf -3dnow (-altivec) (-aqua) -debug -doc -kerberos -lzma -openexr {-test} (-upnp)" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5:2  USE="X introspection jpeg jpeg2k tiff -debug {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  r  UD ]  media-libs/libpng-1.5.13-r1:0/0 [1.5.14:0/15] USE="apng static-libs (-neon)" 0 kB

Total: 8 packages (2 upgrades, 1 downgrade, 5 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB

WARNING: One or more updates have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

media-libs/libpng:0

  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.10.2-r300::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    media-libs/libpng:0/15= required by (app-emulation/wine-1.5.23-r1::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (kde-base/kdelibs-4.10.0::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    media-libs/libpng:0/15= required by (kde-base/ksplash-4.10.0::gentoo, installed)
  (media-libs/libpng-1.5.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.4:0/15= required by (x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5::gentoo, installed)


Maybe it's https://bugs.gentoo.org/456208 you are having. I guess I would --sync, make sure sys-apps/portage is latest, perhaps from ~arch, and emerge -C libpng and emerge -1 libpng


yes, it helps. Now, libpng-1.2.50 will just be emerged in a different slot:

Code:
[ebuild  rR    ] kde-base/ksplash-4.10.0:4  USE="mmx sse sse2 xinerama -3dnow (-altivec) (-aqua) -debug" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.10.2-r300:3  USE="geoloc gstreamer introspection jit spell webgl (-aqua) -coverage -debug {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] app-emulation/wine-1.5.23-r1  USE="X alsa cups fontconfig gecko jpeg lcms mono mp3 ncurses nls openal opengl perl png prelink pulseaudio samba scanner ssl threads truetype udisks v4l win32 win64 xcomposite xinerama xml -capi -custom-cflags -gphoto2 -gsm (-gstreamer) -ldap -odbc -opencl -osmesa -oss (-selinux) {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild     U  ] media-gfx/digikam-3.0.0:4 [3.0.0_rc:4] USE="handbook mysql semantic-desktop thumbnails video -addressbook (-aqua) -debug -doc -gphoto2 -themedesigner" LINGUAS="de -af -ar -az -be -bg -bn -br -bs -ca -cs -csb -cy -da -el -en_GB -eo -es -et -eu -fa -fi -fo -fr -fy -ga -gl -ha -he -hi -hr -hsb -hu -id -is -it -ja -ka -kk -km -ko -ku -lb -lo -lt -lv -mi -mk -mn -ms -mt -nb -nds -ne -nl -nn -nso -oc -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -rw -se -sk -sl -sq -sr -sr@Latn -ss -sv -ta -te -tg -th -tr -tt -uk -uz -uz@cyrillic -ven -vi -wa -xh -zh_CN -zh_HK -zh_TW -zu" 0 kB
[ebuild     U  ]  kde-base/marble-4.10.0:4 [4.9.5:4] USE="handbook kde plasma python (-aqua) -debug -designer-plugin -gps -shapefile {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ]   kde-base/kdelibs-4.10.0:4  USE="acl alsa bzip2 fam handbook jpeg2k mmx nls opengl (policykit) semantic-desktop spell sse sse2 ssl udev udisks upower zeroconf -3dnow (-altivec) (-aqua) -debug -doc -kerberos -lzma -openexr {-test} (-upnp)" 0 kB
[ebuild  rR    ] x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5:2  USE="X introspection jpeg jpeg2k tiff -debug {-test}" 0 kB
[nomerge       ] net-misc/nxclient-3.5.0.7  USE="cups"
[ebuild  NS    ]  media-libs/libpng-1.2.50:1.2 [1.5.14:0] 0 kB


Thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum