View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wynn
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Xfce4 doesn't keep number or position of xterms: SOLVED Reply with quote

Hello

Xfce4 doesn't restore all the terminals open when the session was closed down and, for the only one it does restore, it forgets its position.

In "Session and Startup" in "Settings", "Automatically save session on logout" is checked.

Once upon a time it saved both the number and position, I haven't changed the configuration (I think). Has this facility been removed?

Chris
The avatar is jorma, a "duck" from "Elephants Dream": the film and all the production materials have been made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License, see orange.blender.org for details.

Last edited by wynn on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
jrussia
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually use this feature, but I just turned it on, left some xterm terminals around the screen and logged out/in and it restored them where I left them. It put the couple config/state files in ~/.cache/sessions
wynn
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks -- I've just looked in .cache/sessions and it has nothing more recent than Oct 25...

I'll try removing the .config/xfce4 and .config/xfce4-session and start again ... hmmm .config/xfce4-session/ is empty ... suspicious.

Thanks again,

Chris
The avatar is jorma, a "duck" from "Elephants Dream": the film and all the production materials have been made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License, see orange.blender.org for details.
wynn
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Xfce4 doesn't keep number or position of xterms: SOLVED Reply with quote

Thank you, that's sorted it.

I shouldn't have assumed that the same config will work with the next version without problems :idea:

Thanks again,

Chris
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: