Issues shutting down system with unionfs root fs:
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njwhite777
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Issues shutting down system with unionfs root fs: Reply with quote

Hello! I am currently working on a netboot build in which the root file-system is mounted nfs (ro) in fstab. In /etc/inittab I have specified that a custom script should run. I use this line si::sysinit:/scripts/myInit to run this script. This script still ensures that /sbin/rc sysinit gets run, it just does it after I do all my own mounting and after I have chrooted into the unionfs system (see the next paragraph).

In this init script I mount a tmpfs, and bind the root directory on a mount point (root is bound in this manner: mount -no bind / $CHROOT_PATH/ufs-ro ). I then unionfs the two branches, cd into the unionfs filesystem and pivot_root . OLDROOT. This is followed by: exec chroot . /sbin/rc sysinit. (Note that the tmpfs is mounted on /UNIONFS/ufs-rw and the root fs is mounted on /UNIONFS/ufs-ro.)

Hopefully this gives enough context for what I am trying to ask here. When shutting down the machine, (shutdown -r now or reboot) I get the following:

Code:

*Stopping local
*Saving random seed
*Deactivating additional swap space
*Stopping sshd
*Unmounting network filesystems
*Stopping DHCP Client Daemon
*Unmounting loop devices
*Unmounting filesystems
*     Unmounting /OLDROOT/UNIONFS/ufs-rw
/lib64/rc.sh/rcmount.sh: line 67: sleep: command not found
/lib64/rc.sh/rcmount.sh: line 67: eend: command not found
/lib64/rc.sh/rcmount.sh: line 67: mountinfo: command not found
unable to exec '/etc/init.d/swap' : Transport endpoint is not connected
unable to exec '/etc/init.d/mtab' : Transport endpoint is not connected
INIT: cannot execute "/sbin/reboot"
INIT: no more processes lef in this runlevel"

It appears that something is getting unmounted before the proper time, but I am not totally sure which mount this would be, or how to properly specify that it should persist until a later point in the shutdown process. Any input? If you would like, I can certainly post more detail on how I initialize the mounts.
Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: