Gentoo co vsftpd by newer version
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gert Andersen
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Gentoo co vsftpd by newer version Reply with quote

Hi.

I have vsftpd on 2 of my gentoo servers, and until version 2.3.4 have it worked fine with local user login, where I from outside could ftp to my server from another linux pc and a windows pc with using both linux Midnight Commander and Windows Total Commander to my daily linux user path (/home/(user) ), but after I have got run emerge vsftpd and got it updated to a newer and higher version of vsftpd will vsftpd not work right with login as local users there both have username and password by login.
The anon user login works fine, but login as local user end up with putting me to path as the anon user ends at /home/ftp where known local user shall ends me up at the users path. Mostly give the local user login a error by vsftpd not can chroot() as root.

Do someone here have a solution or hlep on this by the higher version than 2.3.4 ??

Thanks,
Gert Andersen
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: