Stop 'Spocking' Your Fivers
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Stop 'Spocking' Your Fivers Reply with quote

BANK OF CANADA URGES ‘STAR TREK’ FANS TO STOP ‘SPOCKING’ THEIR FIVERS

Quote:
Bank of Canada is pleading with Star Trek fans to stop “Spocking” its five dollar bills. Since Leonard Nimoy’s death, Canadian folks have been “Spocking” the hell out of the five dollar bill that features a portrait of Canada’s seventh prime minister Sir Wilfrid Laurier.

Sir Wilfrid now sports, on certain bills at least, pointy ears, the signature Vulcan haircut and eyebrows and Spock’s mantra “Live long and prosper.”

According to Bank of Canada it’s not illegal to do this but:
Quote:
...However, there are important reasons why it should not be done. Writing on a bank note may interfere with the security features and reduces its lifespan. Markings on a note may also prevent it from being accepted in a transaction. Furthermore, the Bank of Canada feels that writing and markings on bank notes are inappropriate as they are a symbol of our country and a source of national pride.

say Spock the hell out of ‘em if it ain’t illegal. Sir Wilfrid Laurier’s face wasn’t that interesting, anyway. In fact, let’s just make this a permanent improvement to the Canadian five dollar bill.

notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Canada isn't a control freak.
Dr.Willy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's not illegal. It's your five dollar bill, do with it whatever you want - but please don't bother others with your bullshit by trying to pay things with that bill.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just an illusion. It's not really your five dollar bill; it's the Government's. People only temporarily take control of resources which are the actual property of the collective. Failure to understand this intuitively could be taken as lack of brotherly compassion, Comrade.
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a pretty compelling argument that fiat currency belongs to everyone that deals with it. Meaning that the "ownership" of a bill is actually communistic in nature.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Dr.Willy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
That's just an illusion. It's not really your five dollar bill; it's the Government's. People only temporarily take control of resources which are the actual property of the collective. Failure to understand this intuitively could be taken as lack of brotherly compassion, Comrade.

I cannot explain how this idea came to be and I apologize for the oversight of letting it get as far as it did. I have eliminated it and possible other dissenting thoughts to reharmonize with the collective. Reeducation via external sources will be unneccessary.
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Willy wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:

I cannot explain how this idea came to be and I apologize for the oversight of letting it get as far as it did. I have eliminated it and possible other dissenting thoughts to reharmonize with the collective. Reeducation via external sources will be unneccessary.
Doubleplusgood, comrade. Please visit your nearest Ministry of Love office to pick up your goodthink reward.

( Twitter | Blog | GitHub )
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: