Help: compiling libgxps from GIT master and installing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randalla
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Help: compiling libgxps from GIT master and installing Reply with quote

I would appreciate a little help if possible. I've been asked by the maintainer of libgxps to test the most recent change to the source which has support for interleaved XPS documents. All I want to do is uninstall the existing libgxps on my development box, compile the source from the GIT master, and get it installed for testing. Is it possible to use an overlay for this (something that I've not actually used)? Or should I just compile this directly and install it somewhere like /opt?

Alternately, if someone else wants to try this I can give you demo interleaved XPS documents.

Adam.
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An overlay can let you do this, especially if the recent change can be applied cleanly on a version already available in Portage. I strongly suggest that you do not perform a manual install, since that can be difficult to remove later. Can you post a link to the patch, ideally as the commit in Gitweb or similar viewer? This will allow us to evaluate how closely the current tip code resembles a version in Portage.
randalla
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
An overlay can let you do this, especially if the recent change can be applied cleanly on a version already available in Portage. I strongly suggest that you do not perform a manual install, since that can be difficult to remove later. Can you post a link to the patch, ideally as the commit in Gitweb or similar viewer? This will allow us to evaluate how closely the current tip code resembles a version in Portage.

It is located here: http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgxps (the three that are 14 days old).

It looks to be a very minor amount of code changed.

I'm really under the weather here, so my responses are slow please be patient with me :)
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number of commits is small, so if you only need to test once, I suggest exporting the current Git HEAD, copying the ebuild to an overlay, and changing its SRC_URI to reference the exported HEAD. If you need more detail, ask.
randalla
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
The number of commits is small, so if you only need to test once, I suggest exporting the current Git HEAD, copying the ebuild to an overlay, and changing its SRC_URI to reference the exported HEAD. If you need more detail, ask.

I'll see what I can do :)

Adam.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: