Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Where is the Iran Nuclear thread in fgo:otw?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Where is the Iran Nuclear thread in fgo:otw? Reply with quote

Link1
Link2
Link3 (WSJ, paywall)

I wonder what Mr. Obama's definition of "politics" is in this quote.

Quote:
“This is not the time for politics or posturing. Tough talk from Washington does not solve problems.”

Also please merge this with the thread I'm sure exists that I failed to find while searching! Thanks!

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will see in a few hours what they are chanting after mosque.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's cute that Obama publicly claims Iran's "Black Ops" will be verifiable.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Putin's troll Army was ordered to keep a low profile on the argument. Obama even praised Putin for his cooperation, forgot however to mention that Putin also remembered Obama that the anti-missile shield deployment in Europe was justified by the dangers coming from Iran, and since now there are no enemies left NATOs anti-missile shield should be dismantled.
I guess in a few days frankie will inform us about what the Cremlin thinks :-)
frank9999
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
Unfortunately Putin's troll Army was ordered to keep a low profile on the argument. Obama even praised Putin for his cooperation, forgot however to mention that Putin also remembered Obama that the anti-missile shield deployment in Europe was justified by the dangers coming from Iran, and since now there are no enemies left NATOs anti-missile shield should be dismantled.

You poor misguided man.
The construction of the missile defense in europe has absolutely nothing to do with Iran.
A little tip, take time Get yourself a real globe. Then maybe you see something ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ballistic_Missile_Treaty
Quote:
The Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty (ABM Treaty or ABMT) was a treaty between the United States and the Soviet Union on the limitation of the anti-ballistic missile (ABM) systems used in defending areas against ballistic missile-delivered nuclear weapons. Under the terms of the treaty, each party was limited to two ABM complexes, each of which was to be limited to 100 anti-ballistic missiles.
In June 2002 the United States withdrew from the treaty, leading to its termination.

Now guess why the US has terminated this Agreement?
They want to weaken the second-strike capability of Russia as much as possible.
In order to carry out a possibly first strike nuclear attack!
That's the whole secret of this missile defense system story.

Vlad told me that. Still other questions to him, he just sits next to me? :lol:
He is currently with the stealth tank armies on the road again. :lol:

Last edited by frank9999 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... what do USians (the one's who're fair minded and sitting in the center of the divide) think about this deal?

Personally, I think it is a good approach. Iran has traditionally held good ties with India, especially the Parsi community who traveled here in search of refuge and with Iran no longer on a bombing target, we should be able to do business with them (i.e. import oil -- and this de-facto sticks it to Saudi Arabia).

Besides, the country that did sponsor terrorists and anti-American activities is Saudi Arabia.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
We will see in a few hours what they are chanting after mosque.

++

My gender is "Godly" and my pronouns are "Your Highness" & "Your Highness Your Highness"
frank9999
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end of sanctions against Iran was overdue.
Israel laments for at least 2 decades because of the alleged atom bomb plans. But itself has a high number of atomic bombs. Some of these are now on submarines that were given to them by Germany.

And the worse the Iranians can not be when even the United States have sold them already in the 1980s, back weapons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank9999 wrote:
erm67 wrote:

You poor misguided man.
The construction of the missile defense in europe has absolutely nothing to do with Iran.
A little tip, take time Get yourself a real globe. Then maybe you see something ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ballistic_Missile_Treaty
Quote:
The Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty (ABM Treaty or ABMT) was a treaty between the United States and the Soviet Union on the limitation of the anti-ballistic missile (ABM) systems used in defending areas against ballistic missile-delivered nuclear weapons. Under the terms of the treaty, each party was limited to two ABM complexes, each of which was to be limited to 100 anti-ballistic missiles.
In June 2002 the United States withdrew from the treaty, leading to its termination.

Now guess why the US has terminated this Agreement?
They want to weaken the second-strike capability of Russia as much as possible.
In order to carry out a possibly first strike nuclear attack!
That's the whole secret of this missile defense system story.

Vlad told me that. Still other questions to him, he just sits next to me? :lol:
He is currently with the stealth tank armies on the road again. :lol:

Shit I believed what Bush told us when the US withdrew from the treaty, thanks you opened my eyes :-)

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2001/12/20011213-2.html
Quote:
Today, the United States and Russia face new threats to their security. Principal among these threats are weapons of mass destruction and their delivery means wielded by terrorists and rogue states. A number of such states are acquiring increasingly longer-range ballistic missiles as instruments of blackmail and coercion against the United States and its friends and allies. The United States must defend its homeland, its forces and its friends and allies against these threats. We must develop and deploy the means to deter and protect against them, including through limited missile defense of our territory.

But hey Western powers were historically incapable to prevent a nation from producing nuclear weapons, it was only because of the strong pressure by Vlad that this great success with Iran was possible.

Last edited by erm67 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
frank9999
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have given you already notice earlier, Bush is not known as a man of integrity ...

An enumeration of him I can save, the facts are all known.

Still some questions to Vlad? He his in a hurry, we still want to go today to Athens ...
And the batteries for stealth tanks are almost empty...
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank9999 wrote:
It would have given you already notice earlier, Bush is not known as a man of integrity ...

An enumeration of him I can save, the facts are all known.

Still some questions to Vlad? He his in a hurry, we still want to go today to Athens ...
And the batteries for stealth tanks are almost empty...

So you knew that Iran's H-bomb threat was the official reason to break the ABM treaty and just considered useless talk about that, I guess you missed some lessons on Vlad's websites lately, it was mentioned often.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank9999 wrote:
You poor misguided man.

Maybe you have heard of great circle routes? Crimea would be even better than Eastern Europe. Georgia is even better than that.
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tough talk from Washington does not solve problems.

Gotta love the guy pissing himself while the neighbors can see! Once upon a time tough talk from Washington did solve problems. Too bad those days seem to be over.

pjp wrote:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
So... what do USians (the one's who're fair minded and sitting in the center of the divide) think about this deal?

Personally, I think it is a good approach. Iran has traditionally held good ties with India, especially the Parsi community who traveled here in search of refuge and with Iran no longer on a bombing target, we should be able to do business with them (i.e. import oil -- and this de-facto sticks it to Saudi Arabia).

Besides, the country that did sponsor terrorists and anti-American activities is Saudi Arabia.

I don't think we negotiated as firmly as we could have, because Obama and Kerry are too eager to make a deal (pressure from their wealthy overlords). However, I think it's a good enough result to follow through with.

Iran has a long history of making lots of promises and not fulfilling them, and of hiding their nuclear activities. Sanctions should only be lifted incrementally, as specific milestones of compliance are verifiably achieved, and sanctions should be renewed immediately (without prejudice) when it seems specific elements of compliance are no longer being met. This is supposedly part of the agreement (in the form of "snap back" provisions), but that level of verification is extremely hard to implement on an ongoing basis, and economic sanctions take years to implement, whether we'd like to think they can just "snap" into place or not. Entire corporate enterprises and trade networks must be dismantled.

Democrats have repeatedly demonstrated they are categorically dysfunctional when it comes to this: for example, Obama letting the Russian nuclear stockpile slip out from beneath our oversight during a momentary lapse in the arms treaty cleverly arranged by Putin, so that now we can actually never again have any accurate idea of how many warheads they have and where they are and are pretty much watching a shell game; or Clinton failing over 8 long years to maintain a handle on Saddam Hussein's activities, despite him having just been defeated by us and being under both a cease-fire agreement and UN sanctions; or Clinton giving North Korea massive aid in exchange for shutting down their nuclear weapons program, which, it turns out, they never did, and they came out with a bomb just a few years later.

So, in short, I'm skeptical. Hopeful, but skeptical.

It's not that I don't trust the Iranians: they are known to lie every chance they get. It's what they do. It's that I don't trust the Obama Administration to have created a smart agreement that can actually be used to prevent them from continuing weapons development (and meanwhile gives them back everything they want). When it comes to foreign policy, the Obama Administration has repeatedly demonstrated they are naive and have no idea what they are doing.

Okay, I've now talked myself out of it. The right thing to do is for the Obama Administration to leave the sanctions in place and back out of the negotiations until a competent administration takes over (and that would NOT be Hillary, by the way) who can actually do this right. Although it sounds okay, they just have too much of a record of abject failure with this sort of thing and of telling everybody what they want to hear. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me over and over and over and over again, shame on me.
frank9999
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
frank9999 wrote:
You poor misguided man.

Maybe you have heard of great circle routes? Crimea would be even better than Eastern Europe. Georgia is even better than that.

1. I do not like the regime in Theran.
Had the UK and your country, the democratically elected President Mohammad Mosaddegh not overthrown, the country would perhaps still a democracy. But you wanted the oil...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

2. Iran has no missiles that even comes close have the range.

3. Suppose Iran would manage to build one, and shoot against the United States. How long would it give the land, in this case, then? One Hour?
It is Iran probably only one thing: to have a certain deterrent capability.
Iran feels threatened by the Saudis, Israel and the United States.
Israel threatens on a weekly basis with a military attack.

That the madman in Tel Aviv Netanyahu, is willing to do anything, he has shown last year.
With the massacres in Gaza ...
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank9999 wrote:
<snip>

You should try and hook-up with that menopausal old, cranky nasty bitch on these forums who shares your soviet-era delusions of America hatred. She'll gobble your knob, as you are the only person who agrees with her insanity. Give her a few extra Euros and she'll probably let you park your Sputnik in a place that would offend Vlad.

If/When you do spend time with that menopausal, deranged, emotional psychopath... just realize that spouting Soviet era propaganda makes her old granny panties soak. And she will be yours.... Enjoy, because nobody else will.

My gender is "Godly" and my pronouns are "Your Highness" & "Your Highness Your Highness"
frank9999
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With substantive discussion, your smearing has nothing to do ...
But your motivation for your above answer is clear:
https://forums.gentoo.org/posting.php?mode=report&p=1529183

Muso wrote:
stonent wrote:
Just an American Zionist. :D

Make that 2 :D

flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank9999 wrote:
flysideways wrote:
frank9999 wrote:
You poor misguided man.

1. I do not like the regime in Theran.
Had the UK and your country, the democratically elected President Mohammad Mosaddegh not overthrown, the country would perhaps still a democracy. But you wanted the oil...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

2. Iran has no missiles that even comes close have the range.

3. Suppose Iran would manage to build one, and shoot against the United States. How long would it give the land, in this case, then? One Hour?
It is Iran probably only one thing: to have a certain deterrent capability.
Iran feels threatened by the Saudis, Israel and the United States.
Israel threatens on a weekly basis with a military attack.

That the madman in Tel Aviv Netanyahu, is willing to do anything, he has shown last year.
With the massacres in Gaza ...

But you do concede that any of those locations are indeed the places where interceptor missiles should be placed, with Georgia being the closest. Outside of Iran, that is.
frank9999
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:

But you do concede that any of those locations are indeed the places where interceptor missiles should be placed, with Georgia being the closest. Outside of Iran, that is.

There is not this supposed threat, quite simply.
This whole scenario reminds too much of this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_Dossier
the truth we have then seen.
And more than one million Iraqis have died because of it. Not to mention the many wounded, maimed, traumatized ...

Therefore, there is no need for such a missile defense system.
As I wrote above, this Iran missile threat is in reality only a pretext.
The United States would like to have the opportunity to carry out a first strike against Russia, and to undermine the second-strike capability of Russia.
The danger does not sit in Theran or Moscow, but in the Pentagon.
There, the plans and the calculations, how much "own losses" for those lunatics are "acceptable".
If one of them "acceptable" number is reached, they start the nuclear war,, the reason they are first construct themself.
No matter who is president then there.
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that is when you fell in love with Putin and you just want to protect him from the American aggression...
Whats the purpose of the friendly missile in Koenigsberg?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while we're on the subject, Frank, what's that in your avatar: a dido? It looks like a striped dildo.
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a surfboard to me. Admittedly your dildo theory makes more sense.

pjp wrote:
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, assuming that Putin's role in the Iran deal is really what the Russian press say, he might have shot himself in a foot :-)
First a new oil and natural gas exporter will make prices go further down mid-term, second Iran still owes several bn$ to several oil companies they blocked all payments following the embargo, and as always they pay in oil (because they don't have $s) this will probably flood short term even more the market, make prices go down and ultimately makes russia default :-)
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEEB wrote:
'Death to America' and 'Death to Israel' slogans were chanted during Friday prayers at the Tehran University campus in spite of the nuclear deal agreed earlier this week
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-08/russian-iranian-ministers-at-nuclear-talks-don-t-threaten-us

Quote:
“Seems like you had a constructive meeting last night; the whole hotel could hear you,” German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier quipped when he met Zarif the next day, IRNA reported.

Quote:
In another meeting on the weapons embargo, Zarif erupted again when Western powers talked of Iran’s role in roiling the Middle East.
“If we are talking about regional security, I should take every one of you to international courts for supporting Saddam,” Zarif said, referring to the U.S. backing for Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein after he invaded Iran in 1980.

Quote:
The account, provided by Russian state-run news service RIA Novosti, identified a senior official from the group of six world powers telling Zarif that if he didn’t want to reach a deal, they could end the talks right then and there. IRNA identified that official as Mogherini.
According to RIA, Zarif snapped back: “Never try to threaten the Iranians,” prompting Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov to chime in: “Nor the Russians.” Russia and Iran are both pressing to end the arms ban.

Quote:
News of the exchange compelled Iranians to start a Twitter hashtag -- #NeverThreatenAnIranian -- with posts of a defiant Persian kitten on its hind legs, a woman in a black veil aiming a bazooka, and Zarif as the cartoon superhero The Hulk.

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: