Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] What is wrong with my FF/Gentoo ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CkoTuHa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] What is wrong with my FF/Gentoo ? Reply with quote

If you look at the picture I attached you can see that Firefox is rendering the element in a weird way. The border around the "Go" is pixelated.
The bloody thing draws it nicely off Gentoo 12.1 LiveDVD system. But on my Gentoo box it is just plain ugly:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k122/CkoTuHa/firefoxrenderingflaw.png

btw, the page is the default login page for phpMyAdmin. You can see it for yourself here if you have Firefox: http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/STABLE/

Any ideas :?:

Last edited by CkoTuHa on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
creaker
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK button looks fine.
Firefox may cause some different artefacts if nouveau driver installed.
What is your video?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's not drawing antialiased lines there (or the container box corners). That could be a bug in Cairo or the video driver itself. See if it breaks in other apps if you change your GTK theme to something with round buttons.
CkoTuHa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
Looks like it's not drawing antialiased lines there (or the container box corners). That could be a bug in Cairo or the video driver itself. See if it breaks in other apps if you change your GTK theme to something with round buttons.

I am entertaining myself with kde here and yes, gtk side of things look gay. And those rounded out lines/curves ain't getting anti aliasing.

Code:
[ebuild   R    ] x11-libs/cairo-1.10.2-r3  USE="X directfb glib opengl svg xcb (-aqua) -debug -doc (-drm) (-gallium) (-openvg) (-qt4) -static-libs" 0 kB

I dunno what to do, as I rebuild every package that depends on cairo. It must be my use flags. Because on exactly same HW LiveDVD looks better. Somebody, enlighten me :roll:
ervin.peters
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with my FF/Gentoo ? Reply with quote

CkoTuHa wrote:
If you look at the picture I attached you can see that Firefox is rendering the element in a weird way. The border around the "Go" is pixelated.
The bloody thing draws it nicely off Gentoo 12.1 LiveDVD system. But on my Gentoo box it is just plain ugly:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k122/CkoTuHa/firefoxrenderingflaw.png

Same problem here on an amd64 after updating xorg a few weeks ago. Rebuilding the system '--emptytree' doesn't fix it.

Rounded corners in firefox still looks ugly, as the rounded corners of the gnome controls do.

switching to a new cairo didn't fix it.

Also some fonts in evince looks very ugly, it seens hat anti aliasing or transparency does't work properly.

The system is an Core I3 with integrated intel graphics.

Could anyone explain which parts of a gnome systems are involved indrawing those rounded corners in gnome or in firefox (17)?

EDIT:

Found bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=444258 related to it, waiting for new intel driver ebuild and to test it.

ervin
CkoTuHa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ervin, that was it!

emerged x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.20.14 and now it is all nice
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: