View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dachnaz
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: LightDM exits immediately on NBD root Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I've been struggling with getting LightDM to start consistently on my diskless nodes. The problem only happens when the root is mounted over NBD; I can mount the NBD image as a loop device on the server, export the mountpoint over NFS and boot with an NFS root and it works fine. The NBD server does allow for copy-on-write and this functionality works fine. Using a command like # startx brings up the X server with full functionality. The logs don't have a whole lot of interesting messages, but there's got to be something - maybe someone here has an idea. Pertinent logs are seen at http://bpaste.net/show/422671/ .

Thanks in advance!

Dachnaz

EDIT: Here's (http://bpaste.net/show/422771/ ) what a successful LightDM startup looks like. I got these logs from mounting the NBD as loopback, exporting the mount and mounting the root with NFS. I notice that the first divergence in lightdm.log is at line 53 in the pasted file: the failed instance catches signal 15 from the LightDM process itself, while the successful instance terminates a session. Ok, so why did the LightDM process SIGTERM iteself?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: