View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbishop
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: gnome-keyring headaches Reply with quote

I do not use Gnome Desktop (nor will I...can't hardly wait for 12/21/12). That said, using Gnome Apps has never been a problem -- until now.

MySQL Workbench and Seahorse not working is one thing (for completeness, WB_NO_GNOME_KEYRING=1 works wonders).

The problem: Two days ago, before being dependency-forced from Evolution 2.32.2 into Evolution 3.4.4 (a story for another time) I find that I cannot store passwords (or retrieve them either). Same as has been happening with Seahorse for a while, and probably what's been the problem all along with MySQL WB...anyway...

The files and permissions seem to be correct -- as I mentioned Evolution 2.32 worked before the upgrade and I don't think paths have changed.

It seems that now I need to start gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login from my ~/.xinitrc file. Didn't have to do that before this upgrade...is there a better way? But regardless,
I still have the problem:

Code:
(evolution:6134): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: Unable to find password(s) in keyring (Keyring reports: Error communicating with gnome-keyring-daemon)

(evolution:6134): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: Unable to create password in keyring (Keyring reports: Error communicating with gnome-keyring-daemon)

(evolution:6134): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: Unable to find password(s) in keyring (Keyring reports: Error communicating with gnome-keyring-daemon)

but
Code:
dbishop@putrid ~ $ lsof -c evolution | grep keyring
evolution 6134 dbishop  mem    REG                8,5   151528     1324 /usr/lib64/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0

and
Code:
dbishop@putrid ~ $ cat /etc/pam.d/system-login|grep keyring
auth            optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so
password        optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so
session         optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start

and finally
Code:
USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
dbishop   6537  0.0  0.0 301784  4340 pts/0    Sl   10:05   0:00 gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login

Is this related to dbus somehow? One thing I noticed is that he newer applications don't rely on environment variables like the older ones seemed to:

Code:
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/home/dbishop/.cache/keyring-ecKJKL
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/home/dbishop/.cache/keyring-ecKJKL/ssh
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/home/dbishop/.cache/keyring-ecKJKL/gpg:0:1
GNOME_KEYRING_PID=6537

As I mentioned I have to start gnome-keyring-daemon from my ~/.xinitrc whereas before I didn't, but the problem with Gnome3-compliant applications existed when it automatically started via startx.

I have no idea what to do now. This whole Gnome3 thing seems to be a classic case of New Coke. The new Gnome3 slogan should be: "Gnome3 is Freedom! Conform or DIE!" :evil:

TIA
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: