System update: couple of questions
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: System update: couple of questions Reply with quote

Hi, ALL,
Because I had problem with my box (keyboard stopped working after the FF upgrade and revdep-rebuild to fix link dependencies), I decided to update the system, hoping that my problem will be resolved. I did "emerge --sync" and then "emerge -pvuD world".

However, it looks like I am getting more problems.

1. I want my system to be clean of gtk+3. I want to stay with gtk+2 and GNOME 2. But it looks like it is not possible:

emerge -pvuD world

is asking to upgrade gnome-session from 2.32.1-r2 to 2.32.1-r3. The new version depends on the xdg-user-dirs which in turn asking to pull xdg-user-dirs-gtk-0.9 and this guy pulls in gtk+3.4.4.
I tried to turn off "gtk" USE-flag for xdg-user-dirs. It did emerge without this dependency but trying to emerge gnome-session I still see this tree.

2. I have virtualbox on my machine. Now updating "virtualbox" is asking me to upgrade gcc. It is going from 4.1.12 to 4.1.22 and it pulls in gcc upgrade.
Why?

Those 2 are the one that stumbles me at the moment.

Is there any way to resolve them?

Thank you.

[EDIT]
Here is one more strange thing:
It is trying to update gnome from version 2.32.1 to version 2.32.1-r2. Problem is the latter depends on the gnome-themes-2.32.1-r1 and gnome-themes-standard-3.0.2. Isn't it a typo? Shouldn't gnome-themes-standard version be in the 2 series?
[/EDIT]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: