Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4: KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avkhatri
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: KDE4: KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus. Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I just installed KDE4, and before I rebooted my system everything was working fine. After the reboot, if I run startx (from my non-root account as I usually do). KDE loads up, but I am unable to load up ANY applications from the Launcher menu/desktop (firefox,konqueror,dolphin etc). Instead I get an error that says:

"KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus. Error when calling start_service_by_desktop_path: Connection is closed. "

I've made sure that D-Bus is installed, running, and added to the default runlevel.

What's interesting is that

* I can run all of these programs with no problem if I run them from the terminal. (I have aterm installed so I am able to open that up without any issues since it doesn't depend on anything related to KDE

* If I run startx as root, then KDE runs just fine and I can open apps by using the menus

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue? Let me know if there are any config files that I need to post up
avkhatri
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I figured it out! I deleted the .kde4 folder in my home directory, and restarted kde4. All applications/menus open up now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: